Experian will be operating a closed programme of trusted affiliates only. New affiliates can only join the programme if they have been screened and approved by both Awin and Experian.
All publishers must be targeting the UK population for the promotion of the Experian Free Credit Score and CreditExpert. A potential affiliate must not promote Experian until approved on the network. Should the Affiliate’s website contain any of the following they will not be eligible to join the Experian Affiliate Programme.
• Hate/offensive/violent/lewd/pornographic/religious content
• Political content that endorses one party or candidate
• Aesthetically unpleasant content
• Use of the word ‘sex’ or similar terms gratuitously or excessively
• Content aimed at those aged 18 years old and younger.
• Gambling, firearms, games of chance, lotteries, alcohol, tobacco or drug related sites
• Subprime Lenders
Experian reserves the right to remove Network Affiliates from the programme at any time.
Experian Ltd is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (Firm reference number 738097) and is required to have clear, fair and not misleading messaging regarding its products and services. All affiliates will be provided with approved creatives via Awin and approved copy directly to promote the brand. Any copy which you would like to promote in regards to Experian products, services and the brand will also need to be sent to the Experian Affiliate Executive to be approved. Any affiliate that is not compliant with up-to-date generic and/or product specific messaging requirements within 48 hours of receiving the brief will be suspended from the programme.
Commission will only be paid to new referrals to either the Experian free account or CreditExpert. Commissions will not be paid to consumers that reactivate their account (the free account and/or CreditExpert) or do not complete our identity checks at any time. Experian reserves the right to amend commission rates on the programme at any time.
Creatives and Other Promotional Material
Experian does not allow any hardcoding of its creatives onto publishers site, this is to enable real time updates from the Awin dashboard to go to all publishers.
All/content must contain the appropriate caveat outlined below:
• If content/text link mentions the Experian comparison service and there is no reference to loans or mortgages, it must be followed with the caveat and must be prominent, Experian Ltd is a credit broke not a lender, working with selected lenders.”.
• If content/text link mentions the Experian comparison service and there is references to loans or mortgage (or if no specific vertical is mention, i.e. the ad could cover all verticals by implication), it must be followed with the caveat and must be prominent: Experian Ltd is a credit broker not a lender for cards and personal, car & guarantor loans, working with selected lenders and brokers
• If content/text link mentions that the Experian Credit Score is “Free for Everyone” it must be followed with the caveat “*Available to all UK Residents aged 18 and over. Subject to Identity Checks”
• If content/text link mentions the 30-day Free Trial period in CreditExpert it must be followed with the caveat “*A monthly fee of £14.99 applies after your free trial. You may cancel during your 30-day free trial without charge. New customers only. Free trial period starts on registration - further ID verification may be required to access full service.”
All promotional material that has not been supplied to the affiliate by Experian must be passed to the Experian contact for it to be approved by Experian’s compliance teams. Any promotional material that has not been approved by Experian must be removed within 48 hours or the affiliate will be removed from the programme. Material also needs to be updated/refreshed when and if requested by Experian within the 48-hour window
Cashback affiliates may not mention our comparison service due to regulatory requirements.