- Affiliate Program Limits. Each accepted Affiliate Lead will expire according to the information provided in the Affiliate Tool from the date the Affiliate Lead clicked on the Affiliate Link that was made available by you. We will pay you Commission as described in the Affiliate Tool for each new Customer who completes an applicable Customer Transaction after clicking on an Affiliate Lead made available by you, provided that you remain eligible to receive Commission pursuant to the terms of this Agreement and any agreement signed with the Affiliate Tool.
The start of the Customer’s subscription is determined by the date of the first purchase or sign up (as applicable) of the Subscription Service by the Customer and you will receive a Commission payment for that Customer Transaction only, regardless of any additional purchases made by that customer during their Subscription Service. For example, if the initial Customer Transaction is for one user of B12 and there is a subsequent purchase by that same customer for an additional user for the same subscription, Affiliate will receive Commission for the initial user purchase only. The Affiliate will not be entitled to receive Commission on any additional purchases or renewals of B12 by that same Customer.
- Eligibility. To be eligible for Commission (i) an Affiliate Lead must be accepted and valid in accordance with the ‘Acceptance and Validity’ section, (ii) a Customer Transaction must have occurred, (iii) a Customer must remain a customer during the locking period in the Affiliate Tool.
You are not eligible to receive Commission or any other compensation if: (i) such compensation is disallowed or limited by federal, state or local law or regulation in the United States or the laws or regulations of your jurisdiction; (ii) the applicable Customer objects to or prohibits such compensation (iii) the Customer has paid or will pay such commissions, referral fees, or other compensation directly to you, (iv) the Commission payment has been obtained by fraudulent means, misuse of the Affiliate Link, in violation of any Affiliate Program Policies that we make available to you, misuse of the Affiliate Tool or by any other means that we deem to breach the spirit of the Marketing Affiliate Program. If at any point you are eligible to receive a revenue share payment or commission under another Program at B12, that payment amount will not be impacted based on participating in the Affiliate Program.
- Acceptance and Validity. You will only be eligible for a Commission payment for any Customer Transactions that derived from Affiliate Leads generated by the Affiliate Link that we make available to you and are accepted by B12. An Affiliate Lead will be considered valid and accepted if, in our reasonable determination: (i) it is a new potential customer of ours, and (ii) is not, at the time of submission or ninety (90) days prior, one of our pre-existing customers, or involved in our active sales process.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, we may choose not to accept an Affiliate Lead in our reasonable discretion. If an Affiliate Lead does not purchase the Subscription Service within the time period described on the Affiliate Tool of their first click on the Affiliate Link, you will not be eligible for a Commission payment, even if the Affiliate Lead decides to purchase after the time period has expired. An Affiliate Lead is not considered valid if it’s first click on the Affiliate Link is after this Agreement has expired or terminated.
- Coupon and Loyalty codes: If you run a deals, coupon or loyalty site, please read the following closely. If we find any of the following, and you do not have written approval or permission from us, we may reverse all commissions both current and previous, and you may be removed from the program without warning. We do not allow the following:
- Expired codes – You cannot post any deal or discount code that is expired and all codes on your site must be current, active and approved.
- Non affiliate codes – you cannot use any code, discount or deal that is not provided inside the affiliate network.
- Non-existent codes or deals – You cannot post that there is a deal or discount available if we are not offering one through our affiliate program.
- Posting codes to properties you do not own – You cannot post codes, coupons or deals to websites and web properties you do not own. You can however post to your own social media accounts, as long as you follow our trademark, social media, advertising disclosure and branding guidelines.
- You must NOT use codes intended as exclusives for other affiliates or influencers.
- Any sales of exclusive coupons/codes will be reversed from your account.
- Engagement with Prospects. Once we have received the Affiliate Lead information, we may elect to engage with the prospect directly, regardless of whether or not the Affiliate Lead is valid. If an Affiliate Lead is not valid then we may choose to maintain it in our database and we may choose to engage with such Affiliate Lead. Any engagement between B12 and an Affiliate Lead will be at B12’s discretion.
Commission and Payment. In order to receive payment under this Agreement, you must have: (i) agreed to the terms of this Agreement (generally completed through the Affiliate Tool); (ii) completed all steps necessary to create your account in the Affiliate Tool in accordance with its directions, (iii) have a valid and up-to-date payment method in the Affiliate Tool with such account (iv) completed any and all required tax documentation in order for the Affiliate Tool to process any payments that may be owed to you.
- Requirements for Payment; Forfeiture. Notwithstanding the foregoing or anything to the contrary in this Agreement, if any of the requirements set forth in section 5(a)(i-iv) remain outstanding for six (6) months immediately following the close of a Customer Transaction, then your right to receive Commission arising from any and all Customer Transactions with the associated Customer will be forever forfeited (each, a “Forfeited Transaction”).
We will have no obligation to pay you Commission associated with a Forfeited Transaction. Once you comply with all of the requirements in section 5(a)(i-iv), then you will be eligible to receive Commission on Customer Transactions, as long as these Customer Transactions do not involve the same Customer associated with a Forfeited Transaction.
- Commission Payment. We or the Affiliate Tool will determine the currency in which we pay the Commission, as well as the applicable conversion rate. We will not pay more than one Commission payment or other similar referral fee on any given Customer Transaction (unless we choose to in our discretion).
- Taxes. You are responsible for payment of all taxes and fees (including bank fees) applicable to the Commission. All amounts payable by us to you are subject to offset by us against any amounts owed by you to us. Commission Amounts. We reserve the right to alter or change the Commission amount as per the Affiliate Tool.
You grant to us a nonexclusive, nontransferable, royalty-free right to use and display your trademarks, service marks and logos (“Affiliate Marks”) in connection with the Affiliate Program and this Agreement.
During the term of this Agreement, in the event that we make our trademark available to you within the Affiliate Tool, you may use our trademark as long as you follow the usage requirements in this section.
You must: (i) only use the images of our trademark that we make available to you, without altering them in any way; (ii) only use our trademarks in connection with the Affiliate Program and this Agreement; (iii) comply with our Brand and Trademark Usage Guidelines; and (iv) immediately comply if we request that you discontinue use.
We do not allow the use of our trademarks, URLs, misspellings, extensions or any variation within the goal of optimizing for them. Therefore, you must not: (i) use our trademark in a misleading or disparaging way; (ii) use our trademark in a way that implies we endorse, sponsor or approve of your services or products; (iii) use our trademark in violation of applicable law or in connection with an obscene, indecent, or unlawful topic or material; or (iv) use our trademarks in conjunction with any direct competitor services.
We may ask for screenshots if we see ads showing use of our trademarks or brands. If requested and agreed to, screenshots must be provided within two (2) business days. During this time frame your commissions may be set to zero and some or all may be reversed regardless of origin. If we can verify sales were not driven through inappropriate use of our trademarks, your commissions will be restored. This will be at the sole discretion of the affiliate manager.
- B12’s Proprietary Rights. No license to any software is granted by this Agreement. B12 Products and services are protected by intellectual property laws. B12 Products belong to and are the property of us or our licensors (if any). We retain all ownership rights in B12 Products. You agree not to copy, rent, lease, or sell content based on B12 Content or B12 Products in whole or in part, by any means, except as expressly authorized in writing by us. B12, the Orchestra, the B12 logos, and other marks that we use from time to time are our trademarks and you may not use them without our prior written permission, except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement
- Customer’s Proprietary Rights. As between you and Customer, Customer retains the right to access and use the Customer portal associated with B12 Products.
As used herein, “Confidential Information” means all confidential information disclosed by a party ("Disclosing Party") to the other party (“Receiving Party”), (i) whether orally or in writing, that is designated as confidential, and (ii) B12 customer and prospect information, whether or not otherwise designated as confidential.
Confidential Information does not include any information that (i) is or becomes generally known to the public without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party or (ii) was known to the Receiving Party prior to its disclosure by the Disclosing Party without breach of any obligation owed to the Disclosing Party.
The Receiving Party shall: (i) protect the confidentiality of the Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party using the same degree of care that it uses with its own confidential information, but in no event less than reasonable care, (ii) not use any Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party for any purpose outside the scope of this Agreement, (iii) not disclose Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party to any third party, and (iv) limit access to Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party to its employees, contractors and agents.
The Receiving Party may disclose Confidential Information of the Disclosing Party if required to do so under any federal, state, or local law, statute, rule or regulation, subpoena or legal process.
Opt Out and Unsubscribing
You will comply promptly with all opt out, unsubscribe, "do not call" and "do not send" requests. For the duration of this Agreement, you will establish and maintain systems and procedures appropriate to effectuate all opt out, unsubscribe, "do not call" and "do not send" requests.
Term and Termination
- Term. This Agreement will apply for as long as you participate in the Affiliate Program, until terminated.
- Termination Without Cause. Both you and we may terminate this Agreement on fifteen (15) days written notice to the other party.
- Termination for Agreement Changes. If we update or replace the terms of this Agreement, you may terminate this Agreement on ten (10) days written notice to us, provided that you send us written notice within twenty (20) days after we send you notice of the change.
- Termination for Cause. We may terminate this Agreement: (i) upon thirty (30) days’ notice to you of a material breach if such breach remains uncured at the expiration of such period, (ii) upon fifteen (15) days notice to you of non-payment of any amount due to us if such amount remains unpaid at the expiration of such period, (iii) immediately, if you become the subject of a petition in bankruptcy or any other proceeding relating to insolvency, receivership, liquidation or assignment for the benefit of creditors, (iv) immediately, if you breach the terms applicable to your subscription with us (if you have one), including if you default on your payment obligations to us or our affiliate, or (v) immediately, if we determine that you are acting, or have acted, in a way that has or may negatively reflect on or affect us, our prospects, or our customers.
- Effects of Expiration/Termination. Expiration of this Agreement, and termination of this Agreement: (i) without cause by us,(ii) by you with cause, (iii) by you according to the ‘Termination for Agreement Changes’ section, shall not affect our obligation to pay you a Commission, so long as the related payment by the Customer Transaction is recognized by us within thirty (30) days after the date of such termination or expiration. We will not pay you fees on Customer Transactions recognized by us after thirty (30) days after the date of such termination or expiration set out above. Provided however, in the event of termination without cause by you, or for cause by us, our obligation to pay and your right to receive any Commission will terminate upon the date of such termination, regardless of whether you would have otherwise been eligible to receive Commission prior to the date of termination. Except as expressly set forth in this section, you are not eligible to receive a Commission payment after expiration or termination of this Agreement. Upon termination or expiration, you will discontinue all use of and delete the Affiliate Tool that we make available to you for your participation in the Affiliate Program. Upon termination or expiration, an Affiliate Lead is not considered valid, and we may choose to maintain it in our database and engage with such a prospect.
Upon termination or expiration, you will immediately discontinue all use of our trademark and references to this Affiliate Program from your website(s) and other collateral. For the avoidance of doubt, termination or expiration of this Agreement shall not cause a Customer’s subscription agreement to be terminated.
Affiliate Representations and Warranties
You represent and warrant that: (i) you have all sufficient rights and permissions to participate in the Affiliate Program and to provide B12 with Affiliate Lead’s for our use in sales and marketing efforts or as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, (ii) your participation in this Affiliate Program will not conflict with any of your existing agreements or arrangements; and (iii) you own or have sufficient rights to use and to grant to us our right to use the Affiliate Marks.
You further represent and warrant that: (i) you will ensure that you are compliant with any trade or regulatory requirements that may apply to your participation in the Affiliate Program (for example, by clearly stating you are a B12 Affiliate on any website(s) you own where you make an Affiliate Link available); (ii) you will accurately provide in the Affiliate Tool all websites and domains you own where you intend to use Affiliate Links to generate Affiliate Leads; (iii) you will not purchase ads that direct to your site(s) or through an Affiliate Link that could be considered as competing with B12’s own advertising, including, but not limited to, our branded keywords; (iv) you will not participate in cookie stuffing or pop-ups, false or misleading links are strictly prohibited; (v) you will not attempt to mask the referring URL information; (vi) you will not use your own Affiliate Link to purchase B12 Products for yourself; and (vii) you will not use any mechanisms to deliver leads other than through an intended consumer. This includes sourcing leads through compilations of personal data such as phonebooks, using fake redirects or other tools or automation devices to generate leads (including but not limited to robots, lframes, or hidden frames), or offering incentives to encourage purchases or signups.
- Amendment; No Waiver. We may update and change any part or all of this Agreement, including by replacing it in its entirety. If we update or change this Agreement, the updated Agreement will be made available to you via the Affiliate Tool and/or by email. The updated Agreement will become effective and binding on the next business day after we or the Affiliate Tool have notified you. When we change this Agreement, the "Last Modified" date above will be updated to reflect the date of the most recent version within the Affiliate Tool. We encourage you to review this Agreement periodically. If you don’t agree to the update, change or replacement, you can choose to terminate as we describe above. No delay in exercising any right or remedy or failure to object will be a waiver of such right or remedy or any other right or remedy. A waiver on one occasion will not be a waiver of any right or remedy on any future occasion.
- Applicable Law. This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, without regard to the conflict of laws provisions thereof. In the event either of us initiates an action in connection with this Agreement or any other dispute between the parties, the exclusive venue and jurisdiction of such action shall be in the state and federal courts in New York, New York.
- Force Majeure. Neither party will be responsible for failure or delay of performance if caused by: an act of war, hostility, or sabotage; act of God; electrical, internet, or telecommunication outage that is not caused by the obligated party; government restrictions; or other event outside the reasonable control of the obligated party. Each party will use reasonable efforts to mitigate the effect of a force majeure event.
- Actions Permitted. Except for actions for nonpayment or breach of a party’s proprietary rights, no action, regardless of form, arising out of or relating to this Agreement may be brought by either party more than one (1) year after the cause of action has accrued.
- Relationship of the Parties. Both you and we agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and us as a result of this Agreement.
- Compliance with Applicable Laws. You shall comply, and shall ensure that any third parties performing sales or referral activities on your behalf comply, with all applicable foreign and domestic laws (including without limitation export laws and laws applicable to sending of unsolicited email), governmental regulations, ordinances, and judicial administrative orders. You shall not engage in any deceptive, misleading, illegal or unethical marketing activities, or activities that otherwise may be detrimental to us, our customers, or to the public.
- Entire Agreement. This Agreement is the entire agreement between us for the Affiliate Program and supersedes all other proposals and agreements, whether electronic, oral or written, between us. We object to and reject any additional or different terms proposed by you, including those contained in your purchase order, acceptance or website. Our obligations are not contingent on the delivery of any future functionality or features of the B12 or dependent on any oral or written public comments made by us regarding future functionality or features of B12 Products.
- No Licenses. We grant to you only the rights and licenses expressly stated in this Agreement, and you receive no other rights or licenses with respect to us, the B12 Products, our trademarks, or any other property or right of ours.
- Sales by B12. This Agreement shall in no way limit our right to sell B12, directly or indirectly, to any current or prospective customers.
- Authority. Each party represents and warrants to the other that it has full power and authority to enter into this Agreement and that it is binding upon such parties and enforceable in accordance with its terms.
- Survival. The following sections shall survive the expiration or termination of this Agreement: ‘Commission and Payment’, ‘Proprietary Rights’, ‘Confidentiality’, ‘Effects of Termination/Expiration’, ‘Indemnification’, ‘Disclaimers; Limitation of Liability’, ‘Non-Solicitation’ and ‘General’.