MoneySuperMarket gives you lots of clever ways to save a lot, by doing very little.
- Compare and save on over 40 products.
- We compare over 55 of the biggest insurance providers in the country.
- Unlike some of our competitors, MoneySuperMarket is not owned by an insurance company. We're 100% independent, working only for our customers.
- We’re on your side – that’s why we use our own money to provide cheaper prices on a range of policies, so you can save even more.
Helping you stay on top of your money!
Why Work With Us?
- Great opportunity to partner with one of the UK's most popular price comparison websites.
- MoneySuperMarket is a well-recognised brand in insurance.
- Your customers will be able to take advantage of our relationship with leading insurance brands in the UK, helping them save both time and money.
- Signing up is free of charge.
- A broad range of products to promote.
- Competitive commissions
As you probably already know, our mission is helping households to save money by designing the channels, communications and content to provide transparent and informative products that allow our customers and users to make informed choices.
With this in mind, you'll be able to find our publisher pack in the 'documents' section of this platform, next to the profile overview. This package contains all the information you need about the products that we promote through the affiliate channel; the commission structure that we have in place by publisher type and product. You will also find further information about the tracking, the pre-approved copy and creatives that you're allowed to promote the brand on our behalf and other T&C's.
Tracking and deep-linking requirements IMPORTANT!!!!!!
As MoneySuperMarket are an aggregator, the program can’t follow the traditional affiliate tracking as some purchases to do not complete on the MSM site. For some products, each ‘transaction’ which appears in the Awin UI is actually a click-out to insurance provider. Each click-out is validated on a CPA basis, once MSM has received evidence from partner providers that the click-outs resulted in a successful purchase. If they didn’t, the transactions (click-outs) in the Awin UI are declined. It’s a cost per click-out tracking implementation with a CPA payment method.
- Car Insurance: Transactions track as click-outs to partner provider sites. Transactions are validated when the click-out leads to a successful sale; on a CPA basis
- Home Insurance:Transactions track as click-outs to partner provider sites. Transactions are validated when the click-out leads to a successful sale; on a CPA basis
- Pet Insurance: Transactions track as click-outs to partner provider sites. Transactions are validated when the click-out leads to a successful sale; on a CPA basis
- Travel Insurance: Transaction tracks and is paid on a normal CPA basis
- Life Insurance: Transaction tracks and is paid on a normal CPA basis
Please note that this means that the decline rate for the Car, Home and Pet insurance products can be as high as 50%-60%.
Building Your Own Links in Awin’s Deeplink Builder
- You can pass additional information about the journey in the click reference parameter. However, just make sure not to select the click_ref1 because this could disturb the click appends we mentioned above. You must use the ones marked in red in the below screenshot.
- Please do not add a click parameter in Click_Ref1 when using the deeplink builder
Life insurance (single):
Our standard rates will be:
- Car Insurance: £4.20 CPA
- Home Insurance: £3.50 CPA
- Pet Insurance: £3.00 CPA for Single Pet Policies & £3.8 for Multi-Pet Policies
- Travel Insurance: We pay the following CPA commission for policy purchases completed on-site (Backpack trip £1.55, Single trip £1.57, Annual trip £1.59, Existing condition backpack trip £1.50, Existing condition single trip £1.60, Existing condition annual trip £1.62)
- Life Insurance: Standard rates are set at £0 for life insurance. If you would like to promote Life Insurance, please get in touch with us directly. We will need to assess whether it is possible to work on a CPA basis with your site and create a bespoke tracking link for you if so. We will set up an appropriate site after the assessment.
- Life Insurance: Tiered CPA structure dependent on the policy amount
We also offer bespoke CPA rates to cashback, loyalty and voucher sites (for all product channels, except for pet insurance); as well as exclusive rates in exchange for extra exposure to any other type of affiliates. Please get in touch with us to obtain a copy of our rate card by affiliate type and/ or discuss further optimization opportunities.
- All clicks to partner sites will be de-duplicated based on a last-click attribution model.
- We operate a 1-day session window. Only click outs within this window will be validated.
- MoneySuperMarket does not allow site scrapes.
- We do not allow any PPC bidding on the affiliate programme.
- We do not allow any E-Mail Marketing on the affiliate programme.
- Publishers are not authorised to advertise products that MoneySuperMarket are not actively promoting through the affiliate channel. The product channels that we currently promote through the affiliate channel and that our publishers are authorised to promote are Car Insurance, Home Insurance, Energy, Travel Insurance, Pet Insurance and Life Insurance. MoneySuperMarket reserves the right to decline commissions on transactions when the promotion of other products has been done.
- We do not allow promotion through Facebook or social media platforms on the affiliate programme
- Ensure the brand name is always represented as “MoneySuperMarket” (capital M_S_M).
- Cashback and loyalty sites are permitted, but these partnerships require a bespoke tracking implementation, if you have an enquiry about this, please send us an email to email@example.com
Affiliates are not permitted to register and promote MoneySuperMarket through domains containing brand terms or misspellings.
Savings claims (Approved Copy)
Supersave up to £330 on your car insurance*
51% of consumers could save up to £330.40. Consumer Intelligence, August 2022. UK Only
Supersave up up to £162 on your home insurance*
51% of consumers could save up to £162.34 Consumer Intelligence, August 2022. UK Only
Supersaveup to £200 on your pet insurance*
51% of consumers could save up to £200.90 on Lifetime Pet Insurance. Consumer Intelligence , August 2022. UK Only
Travel insurance (single)
Supersave with Travel cover from £11.70*
Based on and individual aged 30 taking European cover. Cover starts on 12th September 2022
Life ins (single)
Supersave with Life cover from £4.41*
Based on £100,000 worth of level term cover for a 30 year-old non-smoker with no pre-existing medical conditions over a 20 year period (August 2022).
Savings updates (Approved copy) compliance policy
- The ‘Savings Claims’ should not be listed as ‘offers’ but ‘Savings Claims’. This copy is to inform the users about the savings that they could obtain completing a quote or application through MoneSuperMarket.
- We update these claims every three to four months, so please update the copy accordingly and stay alert of any communication update sent by email and affiliate programme profile.
- Please ensure that all substantiations are always clear and visible to the user.
- Please do not alter the copy or landing pages.
- Cashback, loyalty and affiliates on ‘testing phase’ require a bespoke deep-link. Any other affiliate will be able to create the deep-link using the deep link tool in the Awin platform. (Please see tracking and deep-link instructions above for more details)
- If an affiliate is found in breach of any of the policies stated, this will result in immediate suspension pending further investigation. MoneySuperMarket reserves the right to decline commissions on transactions when any unauthorised activity is committed.
General compliance policy
- We have a variety of assets and copy available within the UI and upon request. Please do not alter any of the creatives, copy and links available through the AWIN UI. Please, can affiliates ensure that all substantiations are visible to the user at all times? Affiliates are also requested not to hardcode banners into their sites so that any creative updates take immediate effect. All creative updates should be in place on affiliate sites within 48 hours of the original notification.
- Further advertising compliance policies found within the ‘Terms’ section above
- If an affiliate is found in breach of any of the policies stated this will result in immediate suspension pending further investigation. MoneySuperMarket reserves the right to decline commissions on transactions when any unauthorised activity is committed.
The ASA CAP (Committee of Advertising Practice) Code applies to affiliate marketing, as per the following:
The Code applies to:
•Advertisements and other marketing communications by or from companies, organisations or sole traders on their own websites, or in other non-paid-for space online under their control, that are directly connected with the supply or transfer of goods, services, opportunities and gifts, or which consist of direct solicitations of donations as part of their own fund-raising activities.
Affiliates should ensure that marketing is clear and that:
•Marketing communications must be obviously identifiable as such
•Marketing communications must not falsely claim or imply that the marketer is acting as a consumer or for purposes outside its trade, business, craft or profession; marketing communications must make clear their commercial intent, if that is not obvious from the context.
•Marketers and publishers must make clear that advertorials are marketing communications; for example, by heading them "advertisement feature".
It’s important to note that because affiliate marketing falls within the scope of the CAP code, that all the relevant rules will apply to the content, and therefore should not, amongst other things, mislead materially or cause serious or widespread offence.
If you have an enquiry about our compliance policies or how to develop a partnership with us, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org & CC email@example.com
If you have an enquiry about the Awin platform (tracking issues, pending commissions, TQ's, etc.) please email our AM to firstname.lastname@example.org