Terms of the Affiliate program of deBijenkorf.nl
De Bijenkorf has been a strong brand and the leading department store in the Netherlands for 150 years. De Bijenkorf is the most inspiring, surprising and creative department store where everyone is special. De Bijenkorf is aimed at the middle, higher and luxury segment, with focus on service, innovation and a premium shopping experience. Since its launch in April 2009, debijenkorf.nl developed into a very successful shop with more than ten million visitors per month. The webshop of de Bijenkorf has more than 1000 (international) brands online. The assortment of de Bijenkorf can also be delivered to Belgium, Germany and Austria. On November 2nd we launched our France webshop.
What makes this Affiliate program attractive?
- A wide selection of 70,000+ items within accessories, cosmetics, womenswear, menswear, childrenswear and living;
- The biggest online portfolio of 1.000 A-brands such as Alexander McQueen, Michael Kors, Hugo Boss & Ted Baker;
- Free and quick delivery of orders placed before 22:00, next day delivery and free returns;
- High conversion rate and average order value;
- Attractive percentage of commission by number of sales;
- 30 days cookie tracking;
- International expansion;
- High brand awareness due to brand communication via TV-commercials and more;
- Extensive promotional advertising material such as text links, banners, email templates and datafeed and customized material available on request.
Description of the Affiliate program
De Bijenkorf works with the following commission models in which publishers are segmented by de Bijenkorf based on the type of website and the performance:
• Promotion 3%
• Cashback 4%
• Other (loyalty/comparison) 5%
• Standard 6%
• Premium 8%
• Premium Plus 10%
A 3% commission is applicable on discounted products. No commission is paid on VAT, service costs and shipping costs in order to a sale, de Bijenkorf Gift Card, ShippingPlus and returned purchases. De Bijenkorf currently has a return period of sixty (60) days. Sales will be checked on returns after these sixty days (or after the relevant return period as stated on de Bijenkorf website at that moment).
The following publisher channels are eligible to participate in the Affiliate Program:
Admission to the Affiliate Program
Publishers can submit a request to participate in the Affiliate program of de Bijenkorf, after which de Bijenkorf will assess - partly on the basis of the program terms listed below - whether the publisher is suitable for participation. De Bijenkorf has a closed Affiliate program and reserves the right to refuse applications. The publisher's website must be ready before the publisher signs up for the Affiliate program of de Bijenkorf.
By submitting an application request, the publisher declares to agree to the program terms of the Affiliate program of the Bijenkorf (hereinafter: “Program terms”). On acceptance of the application request of publisher by de Bijenkorf, the participation of the Publisher will constitute a legally binding agreement entered into by the publisher and de Bijenkorf, to which these Program Terms apply (hereinafter: the “Agreement”). These Program Terms and the Agreement are governed exclusively by Dutch law. The applicability of the Vienna Sales Convention (CISG) is expressly excluded. The competent court in Amsterdam is exclusively competent to hear disputes between de Bijenkorf and the Publisher that arise from the Agreement or these Program Terms.
De Bijenkorf is entitled to change the Program terms. In principle, important changes will be announced to the publisher by e-mail and will take effect seven (7) days after the announcement, or on a different date stated in the announcement. If a publisher does not wish to accept the changes, the publisher may terminate his / her participation in the Affiliate Program by e-mail from the date the change takes effect. The cancellation must have been received by de Bijenkorf and Awin before the effective date of the change. Since changes are corresponded by e-mail, the publisher is obliged to provide a valid e-mail address when registering and notify de Bijenkorf and Awin of any changes in the contact details in time.
When registering with Awin's Affiliate Marketing Network, the publisher also agrees to the Awin Standard Terms for Publishers (“Standard Terms”). If Awin and the publisher have agreed on deviating terms, the publisher shall inform de Bijenkorf thereof prior to participating in the Affiliate program of de Bijenkorf. Applicability of general terms and conditions used by the Publisher is hereby explicitly rejected.
Communication rules and restrictions
- Use of iFrames, cookie dropping, cookie stuffing, retargeting, masking / changing links, direct linking, blackbox / blind traffic (without the express permission of Awin and / or de Bijenkorf), mobile / Facebook apps without express permission, promotion on torrent sites or Twitter are not allowed;
- SEM/keyword buying is not permitted. Sales will be rejected when SEM is applied on de Bijenkorf related keywords such as "de Bijenkorf", ‘dolledwazedeals’, dolle dwaze deals’, ‘driedwazedeals’, ‘drie dwaze deals’, ‘drie dwaze dagen’, ‘driedwazedagen’, ‘de Bijenkorf kortingscode’, “Maffe Marathon”, ‘Bijenkorf vouchercode’, 'black friday', 'black friday deals', 'cyber monday', 'cyber weekend', 'singles day'and other variants or misspellings in combination with de Bijenkorf. In addition, it is not allowed to advertise on the above and de Bijenkorf related terms on Google and / or other search engines. Transactions of parties that are visible via 'de Bijenkorf' related terms can be rejected.
- It is not allowed to change UTM parameters or use self-created parameters. Awin UTM parameters (dynamic build) must always be built in the following way: utm_source=!!!promotype!!!&utm_medium=refpaid&utm_campaign=doorlopend&utm_term=!!!affid!!!&utm_content=!!!sitenamechar!!!
- No new savings programs and cashback parties are admitted to the Affiliate program.
- Delivery times and other propositions may be communicated, provided it is clear to the visitor that the delivery does not take place through the publisher website.
- Incentivized traffic is only permitted in consultation.
- Publisher ensures that cookies are only placed when a publisher has an advertising medium provided by de Bijenkorf in visible application on the website and there is a voluntary and deliberate click by the user. The use of layers, as in add-ons, iFrames and post View technology, is generally not allowed and strictly prohibited.
- Publisher will remove promotional material of de Bijenkorf directly from the publisher website when Awin or de Bijenkorf requests this.
- It is not permitted to order items directly or indirectly via the partner link(s) from de Bijenkorf for personal use or to take any other actions to be unlawfully assigned commission.
- Publisher may not promote de Bijenkorf on websites, web applications or otherwise that are not registered in the account of publisher or sell or otherwise transfer the publisher site (s) within the account without notifying de Bijenkorf thereof.
- Any use of material or content from the de Bijenkorf website and its logos or trademarks are subject to prior written permission from Awin and / or de Bijenkorf. In addition, it is not allowed to advertise in search engines on brands that are exclusively available at de Bijenkorf, such as:
- Alex Monroe
- Canada Goose
- Claudie Pierlot
- Coach 1941
- Giorgio Armani Beauty
- Phase Eight
- Stone Island
The abovementioned brands are excluded from affiliate marketing activities. Because of our agreements and close partnerships with our suppliers, we have also decided to no longer work with publishers who use a domain that includes brand names that de Bijenkorf also sells.
Sending commercial expressions from Awin by e-mail is only permitted if the publisher demonstrably complies with applicable laws and regulations such as Article 11.7 of the Telecommunications Act and the GDPR, the ACM guidelines and the Awin Code of Conduct (as provided by Awin).
The following conditions also apply:
• Previews must be submitted to the Bijenkorf for approval via the E-mail Approval Tool. The mailing may only be sent if the Bijenkorf has given permission for this.
• The Bijenkorf brand name may not appear as text in the mailing, nor in sender, subject, text or source code.
• When submitting a preview, the publisher ensures that the data is being processed in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, including Article 11.7 of the Telecommunications Act and the GDPR and that prior consent has been obtained from all email recipients.
• The publisher is solely responsible for any consequences that may be imposed if they are guilty of sending spam or sending commercial expressions without permission from de Bijenkorf.
Publishers using email marketing agree to these terms.
Performanced Based Branded Content
The conditions below apply to the Performanced Based Branded Content model for our PBBC partners.
• PBBC uses postview, this cookie is active for 48 hours. If clicked, the cookie will be overwritten. Postclick therefore always overwrites postview.
• The commission percentages are the same as in the regular CPS model.
• Data feeds and other promotional material are excluded. The Performance Based Branded Content model is only valid for content. By content we mean substantive, qualitative articles that are good for branding, awareness and performance.
• The affiliated bloggers and advertisers work in an open area. Once you have agreed as an advertiser, the bloggers are free to publish content using postview tracking.
• If this is the case, a click will always overwrite a view with a measured transaction.
• If this is the case, the last measured view always overwrites a previously measured view.
• If you work with a 3rd party tracking party, an audit pixel from Awin is necessary.
Use of promotion material
De Bijenkorf makes promotion material available to publishers, such as banners, product images, product descriptions and text links (hereinafter: “Promotion material”). All intellectual property rights related to the Promotion material or any other material made available to the publisher by de Bijenkorf remain vested in de Bijenkorf or its licensors. The Promotion material may only be used on the website through which a publisher is registered with the Affiliate Program. Publisher will only use the Promotion material that has been made available by de Bijenkorf. Additional (atmospheric) images can be provided by de Bijenkorf on request.
Partly in connection with possible temporary or limited licenses, the content of the publisher must correspond with the current Promotion material, the website and the campaigns that de Bijenkorf is currently offering. It is not allowed to promote or otherwise use old campaigns, promotions or Promotion material. Use of outdated or amended Promotion material or other copied content without permission from de Bijenkorf is at the publisher's own risk.
The Promotion material of de Bijenkorf is composed with the utmost care. Nevertheless, it is possible that it is incomplete and / or incorrect. The Promotion material is regularly supplemented and / or modified. De Bijenkorf reserves the right to make any changes to the Promotion material with immediate effect and without any (prior) notification. In the event that a third party contacts the publisher due to an alleged infringement of its rights, the publisher will immediately remove the relevant content and inform de Bijenkorf via Lisa.firstname.lastname@example.org / CC: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org.
Operation of the publisher website
The publisher is responsible for the content and operation of the publisher website and will ensure that during its participation to the Affiliate program, good morals or rights of third parties are not violated. In particular, it is forbidden to express glorifying images, sexual and pornographic content and images, misleading statements, or discriminatory content (for example, in terms of gender, race, politics, religion, nationality, or disability). This content is not allowed on the publisher website, nor is it allowed to link through the publisher website to other sites with this content.
It should be unambiguously clear that de Bijenkorf has no control over and is not responsible for the publisher website. It should always be sufficiently clear to the visitor that the publisher website is not the website of de Bijenkorf and it should be sufficiently clear to the visitor - before clicking, that he is being redirected to the website of de Bijenkorf. Publisher will in no way give the impression that the publisher website was developed by de Bijenkorf or is a project of de Bijenkorf.
Partly to avoid any confusion with the website of de Bijenkorf, it is not permitted to copy images, text, design or other content from the de Bijenkorf website or to mention de Bijenkorf on the publisher website in a manner that goes further than the de Bijenkorf Affiliate program and this agreement extends. Any use of material or content on the de Bijenkorf website and of its logos or trademarks are subject to prior written permission by de Bijenkorf.
Processing of personal data and applicable law- en regulations
Insofar as publisher, Awin and de Bijenkorf are joint controllers in the meaning of article 26 of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), the publisher guarantees to process personal data in compliance with applicable data protection law and regulations such as article 11.7 of the Dutch Telecommunications Act (Telecommunicatiewet) and the GDPR, including, but not limited to compliance with the obligations regarding the exercising of the rights of data subjects and the duties to provide the information referred to in Articles 13 and 14 GDPR.
Publisher shall indemnify de Bijenkorf against all claims, proceedings or actions brought by a third party, including a competent public authority and/or an individual, against de Bijenkorf in connection with a breach of the abovementioned guarantee and/or applicable data protection law- and regulations in the performance of the Affiliate program by publisher.
Publishers undertake to treat all data and information concerning or related to the customers, products, business operations and organization of de Bijenkorf, which are disclosed to the publisher in connection with the execution of the Affiliate program, as confidential and not use it for any other purpose than for which they were provided to the publisher. Publishers are obligated to delete this data after the campaigns and participation in the Affiliate program is terminated.
De Bijenkorf wishes to collaborate with active publishers and establish intensive relationships. De Bijenkorf carries out monthly evaluations in which the quality of the traffic is evaluated. This mainly focuses on the percentage of new visitors, which must be at least 30%. If a publisher has been found to be inactive for three consecutive months (0 sales), de Bijenkorf can decide to terminate the collaboration.
In any case, de Bijenkorf is at all times entitled to terminate the cooperation under this Affiliate program by e-mail without giving any reason, subject to a notice period of two (2) weeks.
Without prejudice to the other rights of de Bijenkorf, de Bijenkorf is also entitled to terminate the cooperation with a publisher with immediate effect by e-mail and to reject the sales in case:
a) the publisher does not fully or partially fulfill its obligations as set out in these Program Terms;
b) the website of the publisher could, in the opinion of de Bijenkorf, be contrary to public order, morality, objectionable, harm the reputation of de Bijenkorf or in any other way cause damage to de Bijenkorf;
c) the publisher acts unlawfully against de Bijenkorf and / or third parties in the context of the Affiliate program;
d) De Bijenkorf requests additional information about promotional activities and the publisher does not respond within 48 hours.
These Program Terms were last modified on March 18th, 2021.