Terms and Conditions
Pay Per Click Search Activity
- Pay per click (PPC) search activity and brand name bidding is strictly forbidden by Electrical World.
- Affiliates are requested not to bid on any brand name terms or any derivation or misspelling (broad, match or phrase). These include, but not limited to, Electricalworl, worldelectrical, electrical world etc. To avoid broadmatching issues these terms should be added as negative search terms in your paid search program.
- Bidding on any brand names sold by Electrical World is also not permitted.
- Affiliates may not use domain names that contain the Electrical World brand name, any connotations of this brand name or any domain name that would falsely associate Electrical World with a 3rd party site.
- Affiliates are not permitted to bid on any of the merchant’s URLs nor link directly to any of these in any form of PPC activity
-Affiliates are not permitted to scrape the site to update inventory. Please ensure the datafeed is the only utilised for site listings.
- Affiliates are not allowed to bid on terms that contain links to our direct competitors’ brands.
Use of Product Feed
- Electrical World upload a daily datafeed to the Affiliate Window interface that contains the most up to date product listings and prices. We ask all affiliates to present the most up to date prices on their sites by downloading the feed on a daily basis.
- The product feed available is for use on your own websites, and not for use on 3rd party price comparison sites such as Kelkoo where the merchant has their own direct activity. This is applicable in all countries and not limited to the UK only.
- Affiliates may not submit links to Electrical World's products on Google Shopping – this is a violation of both Electrical World and Google Merchant Centre’s terms and conditions.
- Affiliates must only promote current offers. Any affiliate found to be consistently promoting incorrect, out of date or misleading prices will be removed from the merchant’s affiliate program.
Voucher Code Usage:
- Publishers may only promote voucher codes that have been issued through the affiliate channel. If a publisher is found to be promoting voucher codes that have not been issued through the affiliate channel pending commission payments may be zeroed and transactions may be declined (where a voucher code has been used). Please do not display onsite any voucher codes that have not been issued to you directly by Electrical World (this includes voucher codes that Electrical World may be advertising on site or send out to their email base).
- All promotions must be updated within 48 hours of receiving our communication, failure to do so may lead to you being suspended from the programme.
- All sites are asked to remove voucher codes or mark them as expired once an offer has finished.
- If a voucher code has been issued to an affiliate the expiry date must be clearly visible.
- Voucher Code sites that display the term ‘click here to view voucher/code’ in reference to Electrical World thus implying that they hold a voucher code for the merchant must only do so only if they actually have a valid voucher code.
- All voucher codes use must comply with the official IAB guidelines which can be found here:
- Use of the Electrical World name and/or logo in any email material is not permitted unless approved by the Electrical World Affiliate Manager.
- You are not permitted to send any unsolicited email ("spam") under this affiliate programme.
- Affiliates should only use advertising material and content supplied by Electrical World or Affiliate Window on behalf of Electrical World (i.e. all advertising material must be downloaded from the AWin interface) and must not edit or modify any of this material unless they gain written consent from the Electrical World Affiliate Manager.
- We ask that affiliates do not hardcode banners into their site so that creative updates can take place.
- Affiliates accept that in becoming an Electrical World affiliate they will act in a responsible manner that does not bring Electrical World and any of its associated brands, products or services into disrepute.
Affiliates found breaching any of the above stated terms and conditions will be served a warning, commission payments may be put on hold and they may be suspended from the Electrical Europe affiliate program. Periodic infringement will result in permanent removal from the program and all pending commission payments declined.
Electrical World reserve the right add to, change or modify the above terms and conditions without any prior notice.