Promotion of Tinhat products and services
In order to ensure that customers can make an informed decision about purchasing our insurance it is essential that affiliate promotions of Tinhat products and services remain accurate at all times. If there are any changes to the policies and pricing available we will provide affiliates with resonable notice and expect all affiliate sites and promotions to be updated accordingly.
Please note that our Terms & Conditions and FAQ’s cannot be copied or changed in any way. If you'd like to include these on your affiliate website please contact us so that we can supply you with secure links. All insurance sales are regulated by the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority) and we expect our affiliates to take their rules and regulations extremely seriously. If either of these are added to your site without prior consent and without compliance checks carried out by Tinhat your account will be suspended without notice until such breaches have been rectified
Paid Search Activity
Affiliates are prohibited from advertising on search terms containing the Tinhat brand. The following types of keywords are restricted:
- Brand - i.e. tinhat
- Extended brand - e.g. tinhat.co.uk, tinhat insurance, tinhat deals, tinhat vouchers etc.
- Misspellings: e.g. tin hat, tnihat etc.
- Affiliates are required not to appear on any search results for these keywords on any ad platform, including search engines, content networks, social networking ad placements, etc.
- To avoid broad matching issues we require all affiliates to add "tinhat" and "tinhat.co.uk" as negative keywords to all of their PPC campaigns.
- Affiliates must not use the Tinhat brand name in any ad text, title or display URLs.
- Affiliates may not alter any of the creative or text links available through the Affiliate Window interface.
- In order to prevent out of date content, affiliates may not hardcode the creative into their sites.