Eligibility for 5poundstuff Affiliates Program
Prospective affiliates must apply and be approved by 5poundstuff in order to gain access to the Affiliates Program.
Affiliates are approved based on criteria such as site quality, site content, brand identity, and alignment with our values.
The following types of websites are prohibited from participating in the Affiliates Program:
- Sites using “pop-ups” or “pop-unders” (websites that launch “pop-up” or hidden windows on users’ browsers)
- Sites with content related to sexual, religious, political or other sensitive matters
Participation in the Affiliates Program may be limited to Affiliates located in certain countries and is void where prohibited by law. 5poundstuff reserves the right to approve or reject any application to join the Affiliates Program for any reason.
Affiliates may leave the Affiliates Program and terminate this agreement at any time by sending an email to email@example.com. 5poundstuff reserves the right to remove Affiliates from the Affiliates Program and refuse service to anyone, for any reason, at any time.
CSS Google Shopping
CSS Google Shopping activity can only be run with specific written permission from 5poundstuff
Voucher Code Affiliates
All voucher code affiliates are expected to adhere to the below:
In light of the recent developments regarding the promotion of voucher codes on affiliate sites, 5poundstuff asks that affiliates adhere to the new guidelines from the Internet Advertising Bureau Affiliate Marketing Council (IAB AMC). Therefore, the terms & conditions of this affiliate programme have been set to reflect these guidelines:
- Using "Click to Reveal" when there is no valid or current code present is not permitted for affiliate publishers using "Click to Reveal" to show any deals / offers / sales instead of vouchers.
- Voucher code affiliate publishers must clearly detail the voucher offer that will be revealed by the click.
- A valid code or promotion is defined as a code that has been legitimately issued by 5poundstuff for use by affiliates and not a code that has been issued to consumers direct. This code or promotion will have an activation date and where necessary a deactivation date.
- Voucher code directories must contain clear categorisation and separation between deals / offers / sales and discount codes.
- Awin check all sales made through the affiliate programme; where a promotion code is used, and the offer has not been communicated to affiliates to use, commission will be disqualified.
Affiliates may not alter any of the creative or text links available through the Awin interface. Affiliates are also requested not to hardcode banners into their sites, so updates made to those through Awin may take immediate effect.
We can provide bespoke creatives on request. If this is needed please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further help.
Affiliates may not put the 5poundstuff website into frames or use masked URLs.
The 5poundstuff data feed will be updated daily with all of our latest products.
Full Terms & Conditions
Please note that failure to comply with these terms and conditions could result in your relationship being terminated and any commissions earned being reversed.
Pay Per Click search activity
Affiliates are not permitted to carry out any PPC search activity directing traffic to 5poundstuff except by special arrangement.
The following keyword restrictions apply for the use in any paid search activity of affiliates on the campaign and are not permitted:
- Using the 5poundstuff brand term in the sub folder of the display URL (eg www.affiliate.com/5poundstuff) – Not Allowed
- Using the 5poundstuff brand term in the sub domain of the display URL (eg www.5poundstuff.affiliate.com) – Not Allowed
- Using the 5poundstuff brand or a misspelling of the 5poundstuff brand in the display URL (eg www.5poundsstuff.com) or (www.fivepoundstuff.com) – Not Allowed
- Using the 5poundstuff brand in the ad title – Not Allowed
- Using the 5poundstuff brand in the ad text – Allowed
- Bid on the brand term “5poundstuff” – Not Allowed
- Bid on misspellings or extensions of the brand (eg “5poundsstuff, 5pondstuff, fivepoundstuff, 5poundstuff.com” etc) – Not Allowed
- Bid on 5poundstuff brand + generic terms (eg “5poundstuff clothes”) - Not Allowed
- Bid on the advertisers URL www. 5poundstuff.com) – Not Allowed
- Show adverts on competitors’ brands – Not Allowed
- 5poundstuff and common misspelling should be added as negative terms to all affiliate paid search campaigns.
Discount code / voucher code websites
As standard all voucher code use needs to comply with the official IAB guidelines which can be found here:
- Publishers may only use discount codes which have been supplied to them by Awin on behalf of 5poundstuff. Please apply to Awin to obtain authorised codes for the 5poundstuff programme.
- Publishers must not display made up / invented discount codes on their site(s) or display discount codes that were intended for use in other channels or for other online publishers.
- Under no circumstances are publishers allowed to surreptitiously use i-frames to set Awin cookies onto a user’s computer
- Discount code publishers with websites that encourage users to “click here to reveal offer / code” thus setting an Awin cookie can only use this function if a voucher code exists for the 5poundstuff programme. If there is no voucher code available for the 5poundstuff programme publishers must not use this method, as it leads to a poor user experience for potential 5poundstuff customers and can cause customer service issues.
- If a discount code has been issued to publishers and it has an expiry date the publisher must clearly display on its website(s) the expiry date of this discount so that the user can decide whether they want to go ahead and click the publisher’s link.
- If publishers wish to maintain expired discount codes on their sites for search engine optimisation reasons, they must display clear notification to the user that the discount has expired. This notification must be located right next to the expired discount code. The font size must be no smaller than the site(s) body text and the colour used must contrast clearly with the background It is not acceptable for the notification to be displayed a significant distance from the expired code.
All email marketing must be signed off by 5poundstuff and the account management team.
Publishers are allowed to deeplink to a chosen offer or category on the 5poundstuff website.
All affiliate sites are audited on sign up to ensure any brand compliance issue that may exist are met. Any affiliates without a working URL will be rejected.
All commissions will be validated on a 30 day period and 5poundstuff reserves the right to claim back commission on all returned goods.
5poundstuff will only work with subnetworks that are transparent about their traffic sources