Unless explicitly authorised otherwise by The Tanning Shop, the following Programme restrictions apply:
- Affiliates are not permitted to purchase, own or bid on any domain names with the word ‘The Tanning Shop’ or misspellings of ‘My protein’ in the URL. For example, www.thetanningshop.co.uk
- Affiliates must not include The Tanning Shop Brand Terms, or misspelt variations of the same, in the sub-domain of their website’s URL. For example, www.store.thetanningshop.co.uk
- Affiliates may use correctly spelt The Tanning Shop Brand Terms after the domain of their website’s URL. For example, http://www.affiliate.com/Myprotein.
- Affiliates are not allowed to register the brand The Tanning Shop or any variation of it on any social media platform. This includes and does not limit to brand + generic word or sentence as well generic word or sentence + brand. Any attempt to register such social media accounts will be a direct breach of the Awin terms and conditions, in particular section 7. Intellectual Property Rights of the Awin code of conduct.
- Affiliates must not post on any official The Tanning Shop social media platform in order to attempt to drive visitors to their webpage. The Tanning Shop social media platforms include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Youtube ect
- Direct linking to The Tanning Shop website from paid social media is prohibited.
Any affiliates who do not abide by these rules risk having their commissions set to zero and possible suspension.
Commissions will not be paid where there is evidence of any paid search activity on brand terms without prior authorisation. This includes permutations, misspellings and broad matches containing brand terms (generic is fine).
PPC bidding restrictions also apply on Google Shopping/CSS (Comparison Shopping Service). We request the brand keywords stated below to be excluded from all CSS activity.
Restrictions include, but are not limited to the following:
The Tanning Shop
Tanning Shop vouchers
Tanning Shop codes
Tanning Shop Voucher Codes
Tanning Shop discount codes
Please do not use the word ‘official’ in your advertisements.
We are happy for affiliates to bid on generic terms, however direct linking is prohibited. Any affiliates who do not abide by these rules do risk having their commissions set to zero and possible suspension.
The Tanning Shop encourages affiliates to contact us for exclusive voucher/discount codes and additional incentives which will be provided periodically.
Affiliates may only promote codes that are provided through The Tanning Shop affiliate programme (either through our account or directly from The Tanning Shop Affiliate Manager).
The Tanning Shop reserves the right to withhold payment of commission if unauthorised voucher codes are used in an affiliate sale. We appreciate that consumers may use voucher codes that they have found via a site other than that which is awarded the sale and this will be investigated before decisions on commission payment are made. Any affiliate found to be displaying unauthorised codes may also have their commission set to zero until the code(s) are removed.
Where voucher codes are issued with an expiry date this should be clearly displayed, and codes should be removed or explicitly marked as expired after this due date unless you are advised otherwise. Any affiliates displaying expired codes without marking them as being expired may be suspended from the programme. Please also ensure that you observe IAB voucher code best practice guidelines.
Social Content Creators
All affiliate content on social media must be ASA compliant, read the ASA Guide here. If you wish to use affiliate links within your Instagram Stories and other social channels, use #ad as a valid identifier to be ASA compliant.
Awin has a one-page website - Paid for Advertising - which explains how free content can have a commercial relationship attached to it. This can be linked to by any affiliate in order to make your readers aware of how affiliate links work. If you have any questions on this please speak to your account contact. More information here: https://www.awin.com/gb/news-and-events/industry-news/affiliate-links-on-instagram-stories.
The Tanning Shop validate in line with their returns policy which is 28 days with a look back window 31 days. Standard Distance Selling Regulations apply
Any queries may be addressed to the network or the specific programme contact.