Boots.com does not allow affiliates to bid on any of their trademarked terms, including miss-spells of the trademarks.
Direct linking is not allowed on this programme.
For a full explanation of the Trademark Guidelines view the terms and conditions for this programme below:
Affiliates are not permitted to send any unsolicited email ("spam") under this Affiliate programme. Should you wish to send out a solus Boots.com email please contact Andrew first so that Boots.com can approve the creative.
Purchasing of domain names
Affiliates cannot use any domain names that include the Boots.com brands.
Only codes that are supplied to affiliates by Boots.com are valid for affiliate use. Any codes that are found to be displayed on sites that are non-approved will result in commissions being declined.
Boots will decline commission on sales which contain an unauthorised code, or an exclusive code that has tracked through a different publisher to whom the exclusive code was assigned to. Any vouchers which have been added to the ‘My Offers’ section of Awin, communicated through our Awin newsletters or by a member of the Boots affiliates team are eligible for commission.
Customers must be logged in to redeem voucher codes.
Please make sure any URL strings you grab from the Boots site that are to be placed into the deep link generator via your own affiliate account that the URL does not contain any additional tracking information/tags as this will cause the link to not track correctly examples below:
Link to DG fragrance normal URL (which is fine):
Same link with additional tracking which does not track correctly on program (if entire url string was placed into deep link builder):
You need to make sure when creating deeplinks that you keep an eye out for these additional tracking tags, this would only appear if you reach the Boots site via an online marketing channel such as a display ad or PPC links.
Please note that the discounts of the media codes do not apply to various products of the following brands; Silver Cross, PS4, Skylanders: TrapTeam, Infinity 2.0, Lego, XBOX One, Little Big Planet, Just Dance 2015, Kindle, Fitbit, Dyson, Yves Saint Laurent, Liz Earle and more. Find the full list of products attached under documents.
Please make sure that the customers are aware that these products - or various products of the above brands - cannot be purchased with discount.
Existing customers receiving personalised offer can now redeem this offers online and instore. These offers that a customer receives cannot be used in conjunction with a media code.
If a user has a personalised offer active on their card, when a media code is entered an error message will be displayed. Should a user wish to use the media code instead of the personalised offer, they can do so by deselecting their personalised offer and enter the media code instead.
Please note that Boots Kitchen Appliances is a seperate programme from Boots.com and so any queries for commissions relating to Boots Kitchen Appliances that are put through this programme will be declined. Any order references "BTS" relate to Boots Kitchen Appliances and you should contact their team directly.
Online returns policy
You can return any unwanted items to any Boots store within 35 days of receiving your order for a refund or replacement or return free of charge using the returns label on the invoice received with your order. Unfortunately, Boots aren't able to exchange items.
Any items that are unused and in their original packaging can be returned under Boots 35 day returns policy. Electrical and photographic equipment will only be accepted if complete with all leads, accessories and software. Any software must have its original seal intact.
Boots.com reserve the right to refuse an exchange or refund if goods are not returned in a saleable condition or are damaged.
All returns are evaluated before being processed.
Unless faulty, medicines, food, personalised gifts or cosmetics products which have been opened cannot be refunded or exchanged.
Faulty items will be accepted up to the manufacturer’s warranty terms.
Any Boots Advantage Card points earned against items you return for a refund will be removed in accordance with the Boots Advantage Card terms and conditions.
When returning large items, please dismantle it before collection takes place.
This does not affect your statutory rights
In these Terms and Conditions no licence has been granted to use any trade mark of The Boots Company PLC or its affiliated companies including, without limitation, the trade marks Boots or boots.com or confusingly similar name and the trade marks 17, No7 Mediterranean, Botanics, Natural Collection, Soltan, Shapers and Boots the Chemist must not be used:
1. Bidding directly or indirectly for any brand name featuring The Boots Company PLC's trade marks or any similar trade marks, misspellings or derivatives of the trade marks. This applies to all search engines and to avoid any misunderstandings we would strongly recommend you set the Boots brand terms as a negative match in your search campaigns.
2. Using The Boots Company PLC's trade marks, trade marks misspellings or similar variations in the written copy of adverts on pay per click search engines;
3. As part of the main domain that would mislead the consumer to believe that the website is part of the Boots Company Plc , for example, www.bootsdomain.com, however it will be possible to use www.domain.com/boots (however, this is not for use as a display URL within listings on paid for performance search engines, for example, Google. or in an e-mail address)
4. Using www.boots.com as the display URL in Google, or any other paid performance website or generally misleading the consumer into believing the advertisement is from the official www.boots.com web site. This includes all paid performance keywords.
5. For the purpose of diverting customers to web sites not owned by The Boots Company PLC or to give priority to web sites not owned by The Boots Company PLC over the web site www.boots.com
6. Making or passing off as being owners of The Boots Company PLC's trade marks or taking any action which is likely to confuse or mislead third parties to believe that the affiliates / or website are owners of The Boots Company PLC's trade marks;
7. Registering any URLS that include any of The Boots Company PLC's trade marks, or any version that could be mistaken for an official web site of The Boots Company PLC;
8. Using creatives of the The Boots Company PLC in pop-up or pop-under windows, or to link to any web site of The Boots Company PLC by embedding them in a frame from the web site of the affiliate. It should also be clear to consumers that by clicking on the links of the web site owned by the Boots Company PLC they have left the web site of the affiliate and are now on a web site owned by The Boots Company PLC and that the URL should not be masked in any way.
9. Publishers must seek approval before taking/scrapping content from Boots.com site.
10. Using "add to favourite" campaigns that would mislead consumers to think that they are bookmarking a web site of The Boots Company PLC when in fact they are bookmarking the web site of the affiliate / third party.
If you have any questions regarding this programme please contact the Boots Team.