About TransPennine Express
TransPennine Express is run by TransPennine Trains Ltd and operates inter-city services on three main routes across the North of England. Some of the destinations served include Newcastle, Middlesbrough, York, Scarborough, Leeds, Cleethorpes, Sheffield, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Carlisle, Lancaster, Preston, Manchester, Manchester Airport, Warrington, and Liverpool.
There are loads of reasons to buy train tickets on our website and to make a leisure trip on our network:
- 23 Premiership, Championship and Division One football teams on our network including: Manchester United, Liverpool, Leeds United, and Newcastle United.
- 6 out of the top 10 UK holiday destinations are on our train network (source UK Tourism Survey 2008)
- Save over 50% on ticket fares when buying in advance online. For example, Manchester to Edinburgh from only £16.00.
- PLUS - customers can buy any train ticket for anywhere in the UK
on our website - we don't even charge any credit card or booking fees
(unlike Rail Easy or The TrainLine).
- 4% on transaction value for dedicated advance purchase standard and first class tickets sold on our route – any value.(see route map).
- We even pay 1% on any other train tickets (even those not on our network.)
- Please note, currently we are unable to offer commission on season ticket sales