TERMS OF SERVICE 2022
'The Detective Society' is a brand of Damfino Productions Ltd. The following terms apply to customers of Damfino Productions Ltd and players of 'The Detective Society' game series.
Our games are for private use only. Not for resale or public use or display.
All intellectual property related to 'The Detective Society' remains the ownership of Damfino Productions Ltd, including full copyright. All rights reserved.
We're not responsible for the content of any online forum or group discussion.
We can not guarantee additional fees will not be charged at customs for certain countries. Please see our shipping policy, here: https://thedetectivesociety.com/shipping-information/
All games will be shipped once they have been manufactured. The website makes clear what episodes have already been released and when unreleased episodes are due for release. Consider any purchases prior to the date the episode is due for release to be a "pre-order".
If you wish to return your purchase, please inform us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org within 14 days of receipt. Upon our reply, you will then have a further 14 days to return the item to us. Once we have received your item we will refund the full cost of the item minus shipping fees. Please note: we cannot refund games that have been played.
Gift cards are valid for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase - they cannot be redeemed after expiry date. Cards are sold for a specific value and can be redeemed for any products on our site up to the value of your purchase. Please be aware that the price of our products may change but your gift card value will remain at the price purchased. Cards are not redeemable for cash or credit. Lost or stolen codes will not be exchanged or refunded. Cards are non-refundable other than within the 14 day cancellation period as per the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013.
In the unfortunate event that our courier is unable to deliver to you, then the following terms apply:
- If the item is returned to us by the courier: Customers can choose to pay the original shipping fee plus a handling fee of £3 to have it redelivered, or choose to be refunded the purchase price minus the original shipping fee and a handling fee of £3. Where delivery has failed for one item out of a larger order, the shipping fee and purchase price will be proportional to the overall order;
- If the item is not returned to us, or is "lost in the post": If the item has not been received within 28 days, please report by emailing email@example.com and we will issue a full refund.
PROVISION OF SERVICES
Our games use digital services that have an ongoing cost to maintain. As such, we will commit to maintaining and offering these services for a period of no less than 1 year after the game is released, and at least 6 months after the game is removed from our online store.
DISCOUNT CODES AND PROMOTIONS
We reserve the right to withdraw discounts or promotional codes at any time. Each code can only be used once per customer, unless otherwise stated.
All electronic interactions with The Detective Society game series are subject to fair usage based on the discretion of Damfino Productions Ltd. If anyone abuses the digital services, we reserve the right to cancel services or prevent access for individuals or organisations.
GAME CONTENTS WARNING
Our games may contain small parts and therefore are not suitable for young children.
All characters and events depicted in the Detective Society games are entirely fictitious. Any similarity to actual events or persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
If you ever have any concerns about the characters or events depicted in the game then please get in contact with us.
The contents of each episode is delivered in a standard large letter mailer box. The mailing box itself may get damaged during shipping however our testing has shown that the actual game (the 'contents' of the box) will remain unharmed. We reserve the right to refuse refunds or replacements due to damage to the mailing box.
If you wish to purchase an additional mailing box, for your board game collection perhaps, please get in touch and we can discuss how to get it to you.
COMPETITIONS ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Any competitions, prize giveaways, raffles or other promotional event operated on our social media channels are subject to the following terms.
1. Entrants must abide by these terms and our general terms of business.
2. We do not accept responsibility for any harm or loss, indirect or otherwise, from the operation of our social media promotion. We accept no responsibility for any technical or software failure of any kind.
3. Entrants agree to be bound by the decisions of the Detective Society, which are final in all matters relating to the social media competition or promotions. No correspondence will be entered into in respect of our decision.
4. We reserve the right to cancel, suspend or withdraw any competition or prize offered, at any time. We reserve the right to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, this promotion without prior notice.
5. Entrants are required to comply with all social media platforms' (e.g Facebook, Instagram etc) respective rules and terms.
6. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and the parties agree that any dispute or action arising under or in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of England.