DEFINITIONS As used in these terms and conditions: (i) “We”, “us”, or “our” refers to Golden Hippo’s brands and our websites; (ii) “Affiliate”, “you” or “your” refers to the entity that is entering into this Program; (iii) “our website” refers to the Golden Hippo properties (iv) “your website” refers to any websites that you will link to our website; (v) “Program” refers to this Golden Hippo Affiliate Program using the AWIN service in which you have enrolled, via which you can download materials and linking codes to promote Golden Hippo’s brands on your websites in exchange for a commission on customer referral sales.
ENROLLMENT After receiving your application, we will review your website and notify you of your acceptance or rejection into our Program. We reserve the right to reject any application for any reason, in our sole discretion. However, you may contact us if you feel we have rejected your application without due consideration. Including all of the websites that you use in your profile will help us make a better decision.
COMMISSIONS While you are a participant in the Program in good standing, you will be paid a commission for each completed referral sale made by a customer directed through your advertisements. The commissions and payment terms for such referral sales are set forth within the AWIN Platform. Commissions will be paid in accordance with the then-current information in your affiliate account. It is your sole responsibility to keep your affiliate information (including, but not limited to, your company name, address, e-mail address, and telephone number) current, and to promptly notify us of any changes.
GOLDEN HIPPO MATERIALS Via the AWIN platform, Golden Hippo will make available to you linking codes and promotional materials (“Golden Hippo Materials”). You may use the Golden Hippo Materials only in connection with the Program and subject to these terms and conditions. Without limiting the foregoing, you shall have no right to edit or modify the Golden Hippo Materials or to distribute the Golden Hippo Materials other than in connection with this Program.
WEBSITE RESTRICTIONS Your participating website(s) may not:
- Infringe on our or any anyone else’s intellectual property, publicity, privacy or other rights.
- Violate any law, rule or regulation. This includes advertising laws in your state of residence and
the regulations of federal entities, such as the FDA and the FTC.
- Contain any content that is threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, harmful to minors, or contains nudity, pornography or sexually explicit materials, or promotes and encourages gambling (even if not illegal in your jurisdiction).
- Contain any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information.
- Promotion of Golden Hippo’s brands or products may not include the following words, ‘Scam’, ‘Fake’,’Legit’. Nor should it contain fake brand damaging reviews or native advertising (as further described below in these terms).
LINKING TO OUR WEBSITE Upon acceptance into the Program, links will be made available to you through the AWIN platform. Your acceptance in the Program means you agree to and abide by the following.
- You will only use linking code obtained from the AWIN platform without manipulation.
- All domains that use your affiliate link must be listed in your affiliate profile.
- Your website will not in any way copy, resemble, or mirror the look and feel of our website. You will also not use any means to create the impression that your website is our website or any part of our website including, without limitation, framing of our website in any manner.
- Your website may not show up in a superior position in search for a term directly linked to one of our brands. If it does, you must take the appropriate steps to either no longer be indexed for the phrase or strip keywords used in on-page SEO tags and text to fall out of the index for the relevant term(s).
- You may not engage in cookie stuffing or include pop-ups, false or misleading links on your website. In addition, wherever possible, you will not attempt to mask the referring URL information (i.e. the page from where the click is originating).
- Using redirects to bounce a click off of a domain from which the click did not originate in order to give the appearance that it came from that domain is prohibited.
If you are found redirecting links to hide or manipulate their original source, your current and past commissions will be voided, and/or your commission level will be set to $0 without warning. This does not include using “out” redirects from the same domain where the affiliate link is placed.
PPC GUIDELINES If you are enrolled in our Program and participate in PPC advertising, you must adhere to our PPC guidelines as follows:
- You may not bid on any of our trademarked terms, including any variations or misspellings thereof for search or content based campaigns on Google, MSN, Yahoo, Facebook or any other network.
- Trademarked terms are inclusive of our brand names as well as product names.
- You may not use our trademarked terms in sequence with any other keyword (i.e. Gundry MD Coupons).
- You may not use our trademarked terms in your ad title, ad copy, display name or as the display URL.
- You may not direct link to our website from any Pay Per Click ad or use redirects that yield the same result. Affiliate links must be directed from an actual page on your website.
- You may not bid in any manner appearing higher than Golden Hippo for any search term in position 1-5 in any auction style pay-per-click advertising program
If you automate your PPC campaigns, it is your responsibility to exclude our trademarked terms from your campaigns and we strongly suggest you add our trademarked terms as negative keywords. We have a strict no tolerance policy on PPC trademark bidding. You will forfeit all commissions for a minimum of the past 30 days and your commission will be set to $0 without warning if you engage in PPC trademark bidding that uses our trademarked terms.
COUPON GUIDELINES Golden Hippo may provide coupons, or coupon codes, for you to use as part of the Program. The offering of coupons or coupon codes via the Program is in Golden Hippo’s sole discretion and may be terminated by Golden Hippo at any time. If you are enrolled in our Program and you desire to have your website promote any such coupon codes, you must adhere to our Coupon Guidelines as follows:
- You may ONLY advertise coupon codes that are provided to you through the Program.
- Posting any information about how to work around the requirements of a coupon/promotion (i.e. first time customers only) will result in removal from the Program.
- Coupons must be displayed in their entirety with the full offer, valid expiration date and code.
- You may NOT use any technology that covers up the coupon code and generates the affiliate click by revealing the code(s).
- You may NOT advertise coupon codes obtained from any non-affiliate marketing channel, including coupon codes from our email, paid search or any other non-affiliate advertising campaigns.
- You may NOT give the appearance that any ongoing offer requires clicking from your website in order to redeem. For example, if all items on the site have free shipping over $100, you may not turn this into an offer that infers that the customer must click from your site to get this deal.
Additionally, if your website ranks on the first page of Google for terms related to our website name(s) and/or trademarked terms combined with the words coupon, coupons, coupon code, promo code, etc. and/or your conversion rate exceeds 25%, you may be offered a lower commission than our standard rate to offset the reduced profitability of orders. The current rate is $0.
COUPON ATTRIBUTION & AUTHENTICATION Affiliates whose primary business is posting coupons, who are viewed by the Program as being a coupon site, and/or who are tagged as coupon in our system, may not be paid commissions for sales generated without a corresponding valid coupon code. Valid codes are defined as codes that are made available to the affiliate channel in general, through newsletters or the AWIN system as part of this Program, or directly or privately to you. Coupon codes that are not real, expired, not specific (i.e. up to 40% off sale items) or are long-term sitewide offers that do not require a code may not considered valid codes and you will not be given commission on these orders.
SUB-AFFILIATE NETWORKS Promoting Golden Hippo through a sub-affiliate network is permitted only with Golden Hippo’s prior approval in writing of each sub-affiliate (which may be via email). If you are approved to promote via sub-affiliates, then you must be completely transparent with regards to where traffic from your sub-affiliates originated. You must ensure that all sub-affiliates promoting the Golden Hippo Program adhere to our Program terms and conditions. This includes restrictions on advertising through toolbars, browser extensions, and through any paid placements such as a pay-per-click campaigns. Sub-affiliate networks must also receive prior written approval prior to allowing any type of coupon sub-affiliate to promote the Golden Hippo Program. Failure to comply with our sub-affiliate network terms may result in a loss and/or reduction of commissions from sales made through any sub-affiliate that does not comply with our Program terms and conditions.
DOMAIN NAMES Use of any of our trademarked terms as part of the domain or sub-domain for your website is strictly prohibited (e.g., gundrymd.website.com, Golden Hippo.website.com or www.Golden Hippo-coupons.com).
ADVERTISING & PUBLICITY You shall not create, publish, distribute, or print any written material that makes reference to our Program (other than the unmodified Golden Hippo Materials that we make available via the AWIN service) without first submitting that material to us and receiving our prior written consent. If you intend to promote our Program via e-mail campaigns, you must adhere to the following:
- Abide by the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (Public Law No. 108-187) with respect to our Program, including by having an “unsubscribe” link in each email.
- E-mail must be sent on your behalf and must not imply that the e-mail is being sent on behalf of Golden Hippo.
- E-mails must first be submitted to us for approval prior to being sent or we must be sent a copy of the e-mail.
In addition, you agree that your website shall comply with industry-standard best practices for advertising, including without limitation the Self-Regulatory Principles of the Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) and the Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”).
SOCIAL MEDIA Promotion on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media platforms is permitted following these general guidelines:
- You ARE allowed to promote offers to your own lists; more specifically, you’re welcome to use your affiliate links on your own Facebook, Twitter, etc. pages. For example: You may post, “25% off sale at [Brand] through Wednesday with code [BRAND]25.
- You are PROHIBITED from posting your affiliate links on Golden Hippo Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, etc. company pages in an attempt to turn those links into affiliate sales.
- You are PROHIBITED from running Facebook ads with Golden Hippo’s company name or trademarked terms unless permission is granted in writing from Golden Hippo
- You are PROHIBITED from creating a social media account that includes Golden Hippo’s trademarked terms in the page name and/or username.
- If you encounter a Golden Hippo customer having a service-related issue, you must contact us, and we will provide a response for you to direct the customer to the appropriate Golden Hippo’s support channel. You should not reply to the customer without first contacting Golden Hippo and getting Golden Hippo’s approval on your response.
REVERSAL & COMMUNICATION POLICY Golden Hippo takes pride in its very low reversal rate, which we attribute to open communication with our affiliates. However, we reserve the right to reverse earned commissions due to order cancellations, duplicate tracking, returns, disputed charges, and program violations as outlined in these terms and conditions. Additionally, if we ask you for clarification or more information on any orders or clicks that we suspect may be in violation of our terms and conditions, we expect that you will respond in a timely and honest manner. Below are considered violations of our communications policy.
- You are not forthcoming, you are intentionally vague or are found to be lying.
- You are not responsive within a reasonable time period and after multiple attempts by us to contact you using the information listed in your affiliate profile.
- You cannot substantiate or validate the source of your traffic to our Program with clear and demonstrable proof.
If any of the above apply, then we reserve the absolute right to reverse orders, set your commission to $0 or suspend you from the Program for the period or orders in question. We know that many violations are a result of automated processes; however it is incumbent upon each affiliate to ensure that it has the appropriate checks and balances in place to pro-actively address these issues and adhere to our Program rules.
FTC DISCLOSURE REQUIREMENTS You must include a disclosure statement within any and all pages, blog/posts, or social media posts where affiliate links for our Program are posted as an endorsement or review, and where it is not clear that the link is a paid advertisement. This disclosure statement should be clear and concise, stating that we are compensating you for your review or endorsement, and comply with all applicable laws and regulations. If you received the product for free from us or from the Program team for review, this also must be clearly stated in your disclosure.
- Disclosures should be placed above the fold; scrolling should not be necessary to find the disclosure. (e.g. disclosure should be visible before the jump).
- Pop-up, hover state and button disclosures are prohibited.
- Disclosure policy applies to all social media, even when space is restricted (e.g., tweets).
- Disclosures should be made in the same medium as the claim (e.g. video, text).
For more information about FTC disclosure requirements, please review the FTC's "Dot Com Disclosures" Guidelines at http://www.ftc.gov/os/2013/03/130312dotcomdisclosures.pdf (example 21) and the FTC's Endorsement Guidelines at http://business.ftc.gov/advertising-and-marketing/endorsements.
NATIVE ADVERTISING You may not engage in so called “native advertising” to promote Golden Hippos’ brand as part of the Program without Golden Hippo’s prior written approval. If you are approved to do any native advertising for Golden Hippo, you further agree to comply with the FTC’s Enforcement Policy Statement on Deceptively Formatted Advertisements at https://www.ftc.gov/system/files/documents/public_statements/896923/151222deceptiveenforcement.pdf and the related guidelines.
ACCOUNT CREDENTIALS You may be provided with or be required to create usernames and passwords (“Account Credentials”) for you to access the Program through AWIN. You shall (i) take reasonable precautions to protect the Account Credentials, including limiting disclosure of the Account Credentials and access to the Program on a “need to know” basis, (ii) be responsible for all conduct that occurs through use of Account Credentials, and (iii) promptly report to Golden Hippo any unauthorized use of Account Credentials of which you are aware.
TERM AND TERMINATION These terms and conditions are effective upon Golden Hippo’s acceptance of your enrollment, and continue until (i) terminated by Golden Hippo, or (ii) superseded by new or revised terms and conditions. Without prejudice to any other rights, Golden Hippo may terminate these terms and conditions and your participation in this Program immediately upon notice to you, for any reason or no reason.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS Golden Hippo may change these terms and conditions in the future and require your subsequent re-acceptance in order to continue your participation in the Program. You may not modify these terms and condition, such as by making any typed, handwritten, or any other changes to it for any purpose, and any such purported modifications will be of no force and effect.
DISCLAIMERS; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY Neither we nor any of our licensors make any representation or warranty of any kind, whether express, implied, statutory, or otherwise with respect to the program or the products, content, links and other information provided by us or our affiliates in connection with the program (collectively, the “program materials”). Except to the extent prohibited by applicable law, we and our licensors disclaim all warranties with respect to the program and program materials, including any implied warranties of merchantability, satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement and quiet enjoyment, and any warranties arising out of any course of dealing, performance, or trade usage. Neither we nor any of our licensors will be liable for indirect, special, incidental, or consequential damages, or any loss of revenue, profits, goodwill, use or data, arising in connection with this agreement or the program, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. We will have no liability for any matter directly or indirectly relating to the creation, maintenance, or operation of your advertisements or your violation of this agreement. Further, our aggregate liability arising with respect to this agreement and the program will not exceed the total commissions paid or payable to you under this agreement during the three-month period immediately preceding the event giving rise to such liability.
DISPUTE RESOLUTION. Any dispute arising out of these terms and conditions or your participation in the Program shall be resolved through arbitration in Los Angeles County, California before three arbitrators. The arbitration will be administered by JAMS pursuant to its Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures and in accordance with the Expedited Procedures in those Rules. The arbitrators may award any relief they deem appropriate, including arbitration and reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs for the prevailing party in the arbitration. The laws of the United States and the State of California govern the Program and these terms and conditions.