TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR NEW LOOK AFFILIATE PROGRAMME
Please be aware that continued lack of compliance with the below terms and conditions could result in your affiliate status being revoked and all accruing commissions reversed.
When applying for affiliate status for the New Look programme you are agreeing to the terms and conditions as stated below.
When applying to become a New Look affiliate you agree that:
your website is:
- compatible with the New Look brand, its identity and values and our product types
- honest, factually correct, and clear in promotional content and intent
you will not promote our program in inappropriate environments such as, but not limited to:
- illegal material or promoting illegal activities and substances
- any obscene or sexually explicit material
- any violent, discriminatory, threatening or abusive material
- any libellous, blasphemous or defamatory material
- any material that infringes the Intellectual Property of any third party
- file sharing/P2P websites
Paid Search Activity
Affiliates may wish to generate extra commission by using Pay per Click (PPC) advertising programs, i.e. Google Adwords, Yahoo, Bing.
These can help drive traffic to your website, which in turn will increase the number of visitors to the New Look website - boosting sales and earning you extra commissions.
New Look runs its own PPC advertising campaign; therefore we have prepared the following guidelines to ensure that there is no miscommunication with affiliates on PPC driven traffic.
- Affiliates are not allowed to bid on our brand name as a keyword within paid search activity (e.g. New Look; newlook.com, new look)
- Affiliates are not allowed to bid on mis-spells or variations of our brand name as a keyword within paid search activity (e.g. newloook, nwlook, nwelook)
- Affiliates are not allowed to bid on hybrid (brand + generic) terms that contain our brand name (including misspells and variations) within paid search activity (e.g. new look dresses, new look shoes)
- Affiliates are not permitted to appear under search terms that contain our brand name.
To ensure you do not appear on these terms, you are required to assign a negative broad match to all New Look brand terms, including New Look, newlook.com, newlook.co.uk,NewLook.
- Affiliates may not link their PPC adverts directly to newlook.com or any sub-domain of newlook.com
- Affiliates may not buy, own or bid on any domain names with the word ‘NewLook’ in the URL
Brand terms may be contained within the subdomain, e.g.:
- www.newlookoffers.com – Not allowed
- www.offers.com/newlook - Allowed
Affiliates are encouraged to promote New Look through the use of generic keywords, and are allowed to bid on pure generic keywords (e.g. winter coats, maxi dress) and drive this traffic through a landing page to newlook.com
Ad Copy Restrictions
- Affiliates are allowed to use our brand name within their ad title for generic paid search activity
- Affiliates are allowed to use our brand name within their ad copy for generic paid search activity
- Affiliates are not allowed to direct link by using our official URL as the display URL within their ad copy
- Affiliates must not attempt to disguise affiliate links behind redirect URLs for the purpose of masking activity
Any affiliate found in violation of these restrictions will be given 24 hours notice to change their PPC campaign to make it compliant with the above stipulations.
If this requirement is not adhered to we will cancel all commissions accruing to them until the changes have been made. Any affiliate found breaking these restrictions more than once will be immediately removed from the New Look programme.
Returned Orders & Validation of Commissions
New Look reserves the right to reverse commissions based on returned orders.
Where part of an order is returned, the pro-rata partial commission shall be awarded to the affiliate.
Use of creative provided by New Look
Affiliates may not alter or change any of the provided creative or text links available through the affiliate network interface.
In order to prevent out-of-date and brand inconsistent content and creative, affiliates may not hardcode creative into their sites.
Anyone found doing so will receive a warning and may have commissions reversed. We reserve the right to withhold commission during this time. Continuous infringement of these terms will result in suspension.
Discount Code / Voucher Code Use
All discount/voucher code use needs to comply with official IAB guidelines (below), which can be found at
Any affiliates who do not adhere to the following industry standard guidelines will face the sanction of removal from the affiliate programme and commissions will be cancelled:
- A valid code is defined as a code that has been legitimately issued by a merchant for your explicit use online. This code will have an activation date and, where provided, a deactivation date. When a code has expired it must either be removed or the fact that it has expired must be clearly stated in writing, not simply by listing the expiry date
- Using “click to reveal” when there is no valid or current code present is not permitted of affiliate publishers including using “click to reveal” to show any deals/offers/sales instead of vouchers
- Voucher code affiliate publishers must clearly detail the voucher offer that will be revealed by the click
- Voucher code directories must contain clear categorisation and separation between deals/offers/sales and discount codes
New Look has also set the following rules for the use of voucher/discount codes:
- Any discount/voucher codes promoted must be provided through the New Look affiliate programme management (contact details listed below)
- Any sanctioned voucher code, when expired, must clear state this and not have ‘Click to Reveal’ ability activated.
- Affiliates are not allowed to display made up / invented discount/voucher codes on their site(s) or display discount/voucher codes that were only authorised for use in other media channels (i.e. email marketing) or for other online affiliates.
Affiliates found to be in breach of the above face immediate suspension from the programme. We reserve the right to withhold payment of commissions if non-authorised voucher codes are used in an affiliate sale.
New Look will not be requiring traffic/promotion from affiliates within the following territories, we request that any affiliate operating in any of the regions below not to apply:
Singapore, Indonesia Middle East: Bahrain, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE Malta Libya Kazakhstan Azerbaijan Armenia Georgia Romania
Affiliate may not create mobile applications without the written consent of New Look.
If you have any questions regarding any of the Terms and Conditions please contact: