Affiliate Programme – Terms & Conditions
Terms of Agreement
This Agreement contains the complete terms and conditions that apply to your participation as an Affiliate of EMP.co.uk. As used in this Agreement, “we” or “us” means EMP.co.uk, “you” or “your” or “our” means the applicant.
This is a legal agreement between you and EMP.co.uk. By joining the Affiliate Programme you are stating that you have read and understand the terms set forth herein and are indicating your acceptance of this affiliate agreement and you agree to be bound by the terms hereof.
1. Order Processing
We will be responsible for providing all information necessary to allow you to make appropriate Links from your site to our site. We will process orders placed by customers who follow the Links from your site to our site or have entered your unique promotional code. We will be solely responsible for all aspects of order processing and fulfilment, including order entry, payment processing, cancellations and related customer service. We will track the volume and amount of sales generated by your site and will make reports, summarizing this sales activity, available to you through our site. The form, content and frequency of the reports may vary from time to time in our discretion. To permit accurate tracking, reporting and fee accrual, you must ensure that the Links between your site and our site are properly formatted.
2. Validation/Tracking of Sales
Validation based on first click
EMP will validate sales as recorded within AWIN based on a first click basis and transactions may be declined/disaproved where the affiliate has not been the last first touchpoint within the customer journey.
3. Pricing and availability
We reserve the right to change subscription prices from time to time. In case of any price discrepancies, the price charged to the customer will always be the price listed in your affiliate platform.
4. Copyrighted and Trademarked material
You are solely responsible for ensuring that your reviews, product descriptions and articles (if applicable at your site) obey all applicable copyright, trademark, and other laws. EMP.co.uk will not be responsible if you use another party’s copyrighted or trademarked material in violation of the law.
5. Coupon and Deal Sites
EMP.co.uk offers coupon to select affiliates and to our newsletter subscribers. If you’re not pre-approved / assigned a branded coupon, then you’re not allowed to promote the coupon. Below are the terms that apply for any affiliate who is considering the promotion of our products in relation to a deal or coupon:
- Affiliates may not use misleading text on affiliate links, buttons or images to imply that anything besides currently authorized deals to the specific affiliate.
- Affiliates may not bid on EMP Coupons, EMP Discounts or other phrases implying coupons are available.
- Affiliates may not generate pop-ups, pop-unders, iframes, frames, or any other seen or unseen actions that set affiliate cookies unless the user has expressed a clear and explicit interest in activating a specific savings by clicking on a clearly marked link, button or image for that particular coupon or deal. Your link must send the visitor to the merchant site.
- User must be able to see coupon/deal/savings information and details before an affiliate cookie is set (i.e. “click here to see coupons and open a window to merchant site” is NOT allowed).
- Affiliate sites may not have “Click for (or to see) Deal/Coupon” or any variation, when there are no coupons or deals available, and the click opens the merchant site or sets a cookie. Affiliates with such text on the merchant landing page will be removed from the program immediately.
6. Pay Per Click (PPC) Policy
PPC bidding is NOT allowed without prior written permission.
7. Term of the Agreements
The term of this Agreement will begin upon our acceptance of your Affiliate Application and will end when terminated by either party. Either you or we may terminate this Agreement at any time, with or without cause, by giving the other party notice of termination. Notice by e-mail, to your address on our records, is considered sufficient notice to terminate this Agreement. If this Agreement is terminated because you have violated the terms of this Agreement or if this Agreement is terminated for any other reason, you are only eligible to earn a referral fee on sales occurring during the term of the Agreement, and referral fees earned through the date of termination will remain payable only if the related orders are not cancelled or returned. We reserve the right to withhold your final payment for 60 days to ensure that the correct amount of commission is paid.
We may modify any of the terms and conditions contained in this Agreement, at any time and in our sole discretion.
9. Relationship of Parties
You and EMP.co.uk are independent contractors, and nothing in this Agreement will create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales representative, or employment relationship between the parties. You will have no authority to make or accept any offers or representations on EMP.co.uk’s behalf. You will not make any statement, whether on your site or otherwise, that reasonably would contradict anything in this Section.
We make no express or implied warranties or representations with respect to the EMP.co.uk system or website (including, without limitation, warranties of fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, non-infringement, or any implied warranties arising out of a course of performance, dealing, or trade usage). In addition, we make no representation that the operation of our site will be uninterrupted or error-free, and we will not be liable for the consequences of any interruptions or errors.
Your affiliate application and status in the Program may be suspended or terminated for any of the following reasons:
- Inappropriate advertisements (false claims, misleading hyperlinks, etc.).
- Spamming (mass email, mass newsgroup posting, etc.).
- Advertising on sites containing or promoting illegal activities.
- Failure to disclose the affiliate relationship for any promotion that qualifies as an endorsement under existing Federal Trade Commission guidelines and regulations, or any applicable state laws.
- Violation of intellectual property rights.
- Offering rebates, coupons, or other form of promised kick-backs from your affiliate commission as an incentive.
- Self referrals, fraudulent transactions, suspected Affiliate fraud.
In addition to the foregoing, EMP.co.uk reserves the right to terminate any Affiliate account at any time, for any violations of this Agreement or no reason.