Unless explicitly authorised otherwise by Muscle Food, the following Programme restrictions apply:
- Affiliates are not permitted to purchase, own or bid on any domain names with the word ‘MuscleFood’ or misspellings of ‘Muscle Food’ in the URL.
- Affiliates must not include Muscle Food Brand Terms, or misspelt variations of the same, in the sub-domain of their website’s URL. For example, http://musclefood.affiliate.com.
- Affiliates may use correctly spelt Muscle Food Brand Terms after the domain of their website’s URL. For example, http://www.affiliate.com/MuscleFood.
- Affiliates are not allowed to register the brand Muscle Food or any variation of it on any social media platform. This includes and does not limit to brand + generic word or sentence as well generic word or sentence + brand. Any attempt to register such social media accounts will be a direct breach of the Awin terms and conditions, in particular section 7. Intellectual Property Rights of the Awin code of conduct.
- Affiliates must not post on any official Muscle Food social media platform in order to attempt to drive visitors to their webpage. Muscle Food social media platforms include Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Direct linking to Muscle Food websites from paid social media is prohibited.
Any affiliates who do not abide by these rules risk having their commissions set to zero and possible suspension.
Muscle Food may also lower commission for discount code sites if we feel we aren’t receiving additional exposure/activity from the publisher.
Commissions will not be paid where there is evidence of any paid search activity on brand terms without prior authorisation. This includes permutations, misspellings and broad matches containing brand terms (generic is fine).
Restrictions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Muscle Food
- Muscle Food vouchers
- MuscleFood.com Vouchers
- MuscleFood codes
- MuscleFood Voucher Codes
- MuscleFood discount codes
- MuscleFood.com codes
Please do not use the word ‘official’ in your advertisements.
We are happy for affiliates to bid on generic terms, however direct linking is prohibited. Any affiliates who do not abide by these rules do risk having their commissions declined, set to zero and possible suspension.
Muscle Food encourages affiliates to contact us for exclusive voucher/discount codes and additional incentives.
Affiliates may only promote codes that are provided through the Muscle Food affiliate programme (either through our account or directly from Muscle Food’s Affiliate Manager).
Muscle Food reserves the right to withhold payment of commission if unauthorised voucher codes are used in an affiliate sale. We appreciate that consumers may use voucher codes that they have found via a site other than that which is awarded the sale and this will be investigated before decisions on commission payment are made. Any affiliate found to be displaying unauthorised codes may also have their commission set to zero until the code(s) are removed.
Where voucher codes are issued with an expiry date this should be clearly displayed, and codes should be removed or explicitly marked as expired after this due date unless you are advised otherwise. Any affiliates displaying expired codes without marking them as being expired may be suspended from the programme. Please also ensure that you observe IAB voucher code best practice guidelines.
Affiliates cannot use their personal or any other Muscle Food referral codes to provide first time customers with free products for their first order.
All content and affiliate linking must be ASA compliant. Read the full ASA disclosure guide here:
All affiliate sales are de-duplicated against other online advertising channels using a local cookie on the merchant platform. De-duplication channels include :
- PPC Brand
- PPC Generic
- Email Advertising
- Direct Partnerships
- Price Comparison
- Display & Retargeting Advertising
- Other Affiliate Networks
- In House Referrer Scheme
Any queries may be addressed to the network or the specific programme contact.