Terms and Conditions
Please read the T&C before taking part in any activity for our programme. Affiliates who violate the T&C can be suspended from the programme and have their pending commissions cancelled.
Our publishers must promote the SMWS brand and it's products in a responsible manner and in-line with regulations from the Scotch Whiskey Association and The Portman Group. Publishers found to be promoting in an irresponsible way or in breach of the guidelines below will be suspended from the affiliate programme and have their commissions declined.
Scotch Whiskey Association: http://www.scotch-whisky.org.uk/what-we-do/protecting-scotch/regulations/
- Misrepresentation, false promises, non-existent voucher codes, limited time timer offers and/or exclusive discounts are not allowed and must not be advertised as such in order to attract customers.
- Using the brand name in a sub domain or sub folder or URL alteration as part of the affiliate site without receiving the proper permissions are not allowed. Abbreviations, misspellings, variations and hybrids etc, all fall under this category. Please check the following examples:
- Automatic redirects, forced clicks, target website opening in a HTML frame are not permitted. This will result in permanent and immediate suspension as well as any, and all commission being declined.
- PPC is not allowed, this includes display. (Google, Bing, Yahoo and others)
- Violations of the T&C may result in commissions being declined and being suspended from the programme. In most cases where a breach of the T&C occurs the SMWS Affiliate Team will be in contact and if no reply is received and activity continues the publisher may be removed and may have accumulated commissions declined.
- Please feel free to contact the SMWS Affiliate team if you need clarification with regards to any activity you feel may be in breach of the T&C.
- We look forward to hearing any feedback or suggestions to improve the affiliate campaigns and can help develop creatives for active affiliates.
- Discount codes that have not been made available through the Awin interface for the affiliate channel will not receive commission payment on sales made.