Unless explicitly authorised otherwise by Beauty Expert the following Programme restrictions apply:
• Affiliates are not permitted to purchase, own or bid on any domain names with the word ‘Beauty Expert’ or misspellings of ‘BeautyExpert’ in the URL. For example, www.BeautyExpert.com
• Affiliates must not include Beauty Expert Brand Terms, or misspelt variations of the same, in the sub-domain of their website’s URL. For example, http://BeautyExpert.affiliate.com
• Affiliates may use correctly spelt Beauty Expert Brand Terms after the domain of their website’s URL. For example, http://www.affiliate.com/BeautyExpert
• Affiliates are not allowed to register the brand Beauty Expert or any variation of it on any social media platform. This includes and does not limit to brand + generic word or sentence as well generic word or sentence + brand. Any attempt to register such social media accounts will be a direct breach of the Awin terms and conditions, in particular section 7. Intellectual Property Rights of the Awin code of conduct.
• Affiliates must not post on any official Beauty Expert social media platform in order to attempt to drive visitors to their webpage. Beauty Expert social media platforms include Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc
• Direct linking to Beauty Expert websites from paid social media is prohibited.
Publishers are only allowed to promote codes which are available within the affiliate channel. This includes onsite codes, codes which have been uploaded to the AWIN interface, codes from affiliate newsletters or codes which have been communicated to the publisher directly. The promotion of personal referral codes is not allowed
Any affiliates who do not abide by these rules risk having their commissions set to zero and possible suspension.
Commissions will not be paid where there is evidence of any paid search activity on brand terms without prior authorisation. This includes permutations, misspellings and broad matches containing brand terms (generic is fine).
Restrictions include, but are not limited to the following:
Beauty Expert offers
Beauty Expert Vouchers
Beauty Expert Voucher codes
Beauty Expert discount codes
Beauty Expert codes
Beauty Expert encourages affiliates to contact us for exclusive voucher/discount codes and additional incentives.
Affiliates may only promote codes that are provided through the Beauty Expert affiliate programme (either through our account or directly from our Affiliate Manager).
Beauty Expert reserve the right to withhold payment of commission if unauthorised voucher codes are used in an affiliate sale. We appreciate that consumers may use voucher codes that they have found via a site other than that which is awarded the sale and this will be investigated before decisions on commission payment are made. Any affiliate found to be displaying unauthorised codes may also have their commission set to zero until the code(s) are removed.
Where voucher codes are issued with an expiry date this should be clearly displayed and codes should be removed or explicitly marked as expired after this date unless you are advised otherwise. Any affiliates displaying expired codes without marking them as being expired may be suspended from the programme. Please also ensure that you observe the IAB voucher code best practice guidelines.
Affiliates must not promote Dermalogica products, these are not in the feed, so please do not deeplink to the product pages on the client site.
Currently we cannot promote this brand via affiliates outside of the UK and therefore these products MUST NOT be advertised via non UK affiliates. This is due to brand restrictions.
All affiliate sales are de-duplicated against other online advertising channels using a local cookie on the merchant platform. De-duplication channels include :
• PPC Brand
• PPC Generic
• Email Advertising
• Direct Partnerships
• Price Comparison
• Display & retargeting advertising
• Other Affiliate Networks
The In House Referrer Scheme
Existing customers who have already purchased from The Hut Group will be sent an email explaining the referral scheme and how they can earn credit from driving new customers to the site.
- Existing customer logs into their account on Beauty Expert and goes to referral section.
- Existing customer creates link to Beauty Expert to share on social media.
- New customer clicks on that link and makes first purchase on Beauty Expert either by entering referral code at checkout or after an automatic discount has been applied after clicking on a referral link.
- Existing customer receives credit to spend on Beauty Expert as a reward.
All referral sales will be de-duped against affiliate sales and there will be a slight change to the usual last-click method of tracking in certain circumstances:
- If a new customer uses a referral code or link then clicks an affiliate link (within 30 minutes of the first click), this sale will be attributed to the referral scheme
- If an affiliate link is used 30 minutes or more after the referral link is clicked and no referrer code is redeemed then the affiliate will still be awarded the last click and receive commission for this sale
Note: Whenever a referrer code is used, the sale will not track via affiliates.
Social Content Creators
Please note if you wish to use affiliate links within your Instagram Stories and other social channels, you will need to use #ad as the only valid identifier to be ASA compliant. Awin has a one-page website - Paid for Advertising - which explains how free content can have a commercial relationship attached to it. This can be linked to by any affiliate in order to make your readers aware of how affiliate links work. If you have any questions on this please speak to your account contact.
More information here: https://www.awin.com/gb/news-and-events/industry-news/affiliate-links-on-instagram-stories
Please note that we work exclusively with a number of CSS partners. Any new CSS partners who join the programme need to have the approval from Beauty Expert before beginning bidding otherwise commission may be declined and you may be suspended from the programme.
Please ensure you are using Awin feeds only & not scraping the Beauty Expert site.
Any queries may be addressed to the network or the specific programme contact.