In order to apply for the programme, you must have a live, operational website. The programme membership will be based on brand and demographic fit, which we will assessed on an ongoing basis. If any affiliate fails to meet the threshold for this then we will be in touch to discuss the partnership moving forward.
Please note that while Tesco is happy to discuss exposure opportunities with affiliates, affiliates must not release confidential or sensitive information around campaigns into the public domain at any time before this is live on the Tesco site and/or has been approved to do so by the Tesco affiliate team. Any breaches of confidentiality may result in immediate suspension from the Tesco programme.
Tesco will also not accept any affiliate onto the program who promotes adult, gambling, illegal or defamatory content. If you have any queries regarding this please email the Tesco Affiliate Team.
Publishers are not permitted to bid on any variation of the Tesco brand name (including misspells without obtaining permission from the Tesco affiliate team.
Discount code/Voucher use
Affiliates are not allowed to publish any discount/voucher codes on their site(s) that have not been verified by the Tesco Affiliate Team. Tesco have the right to decline commission where codes have not been approved.
- Prior to distribution, all email marketing must be sent to the Tesco Affiliate Team for approval.
- From and subject lines must also be signed off by the affiliate team before they are used for activity.
- All creative assets being used for email marketing must be provided by the Tesco Affiliate Team.
- No sub-network activity is allowed for email marketing.
- Tesco affiliates can promote the brand and any offers on social media but affiliates are not permitted to hashtag Tesco social media accounts in posts.
Affiliates are not permitted to alter any of the creative or text links available through the Affiliate Window interface.
All copy featured on affiliate sites must be taken directly from the Tesco site, unless provided by the Tesco Affiliate team.
Any affiliate promoting as a sub network should be in contact with the Tesco team on a weekly basis to report on activity on a partner level.
Please note that not following the terms and conditions outlined may result in the affiliate being suspended or removed from the programme.