TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE IDLE MAN AFFILIATE PROGRAMME
Please be aware that continued lack of compliance with the below terms and conditions could result in your affiliate status being revoked and all accruing commissions reversed.
When applying for affiliate status for The Idle Man programme you are agreeing to the terms and conditions as stated below.
your website is:
- Compatible with The Idle Man brand, its identity and values and our product types
- Honest, factually correct, and clear in promotional content and intent
You will NOT promote our program in inappropriate environments such as, but not limited to:
- illegal material or promoting illegal activities and substances
- any obscene or sexually explicit material
- any violent, discriminatory, threatening or abusive material
- any libellous, blasphemous or defamatory material
- any material that infringes the Intellectual Property of any third party
- file sharing/P2P websites
Paid Search Activity
Affiliates may wish to generate extra commission by using Pay per Click (PPC) advertising programs, i.e. Google Adwords, Yahoo, Bing.
These can help drive traffic to your website, which in turn will increase the number of visitors to The Idle Man website - boosting sales and earning you extra commissions.
The Idle Man runs its own PPC advertising campaign; therefore we have prepared the following guidelines to ensure that there is no miscommunication with affiliates on PPC driven traffic.
- Affiliates are not allowed to bid on our brand name as a keyword within paid search activity (e.g. The Idle Man; theidleman.com, The Idle Man)
- Affiliates are not allowed to bid on mis-spells or variations of our brand name as a keyword within paid search activity (e.g. theidleman, th idle man, idleman)
- Affiliates are not allowed to bid on hybrid (brand + generic) terms that contain our brand name (including misspells and variations) within paid search activity (e.g. The Idle Man shirts, The Idle Man shoes)
- Affiliates are not permitted to appear under search terms that contain our brand name.
To ensure you do not appear on these terms, you are required to assign a negative broad match to all The Idle Man brand terms, including The Idle Man, theidleman.com.
- Affiliates may not link their PPC adverts directly to theidleman.com or any sub-domain of theidleman.com
- Affiliates may not buy, own or bid on any domain names with the word ‘The Idle Man’ in the URL
Returned Orders & Validation of Commissions
Affiliates will be paid on a rolling 28 day auto-validation period.
The Idle Man reserves the right to reverse commissions based on returned orders.
Where part of an order is returned, the pro-rata partial commission shall be awarded to the affiliate.
Use of creative provided by The Idle Man
Affiliates may not alter or change any of the provided creative or text links available through the affiliate network interface.
In order to prevent out-of-date and brand inconsistent content and creative, affiliates may not hardcode creative into their sites.
Anyone found doing so will receive a warning and may have commissions reversed. We reserve the right to withhold commission during this time. Continuous infringement of these terms will result in suspension.
Discount Code / Voucher Code Use
All discount/voucher code use needs to comply with official IAB guidelines (below), which can be found at
Any affiliates who do not adhere to the following industry standard guidelines will face the sanction of removal from the affiliate programme and commissions will be cancelled:
- A valid code is defined as a code that has been legitimately issued by a merchant for your explicit use online. This code will have an activation date and, where provided, a deactivation date. When a code has expired it must either be removed or the fact that it has expired must be clearly stated in writing, not simply by listing the expiry date
- Using “click to reveal” when there is no valid or current code present is not permitted of affiliate publishers including using “click to reveal” to show any deals/offers/sales instead of vouchers
- Voucher code affiliate publishers must clearly detail the voucher offer that will be revealed by the click
- Voucher code directories must contain clear categorisation and separation between deals/offers/sales and discount codes
The Idle Man has also set the following rules for the use of voucher/discount codes:
- Any discount/voucher codes promoted must be provided through The Idle Man affiliate programme management (contact details listed below)
- Any sanctioned voucher code, when expired, must clear state this and not have ‘Click to Reveal’ ability activated.
- Affiliates are not allowed to display made up / invented discount/voucher codes on their site(s) or display discount/voucher codes that were only authorised for use in other media channels (i.e. email marketing) or for other online affiliates.
Affiliates found to be in breach of the above face immediate suspension from the programme. We reserve the right to withhold payment of commissions if non-authorised voucher codes are used in an affiliate sale.
Affiliate may not create mobile applications without the written consent of The Idle Man.
For a full list of terms and conditions please see the additional documentation.
If you have any questions regarding any of the Terms and Conditions please contact: