By applying to become an affiliate to esure, you agree and accept our terms and conditions as set out in these Programme Details, which can be found in the Affiliate Window interface. If you have difficulty accessing this, please email your account manager. We do not accept brand bidding on this programme and we do not allow any explicit content to coincide with the brand. By submitting your application to the esure affiliate programme, you agree and accept the following terms and conditions, in addition to the Affiliate Window standard terms and conditions as outlined in your contract with the network.
Important – Insurance brokers
esure does not participate in any broker scheme. Insurance brokers and aggregator sites will not be accepted into the esure affiliate programme. Any affiliates acting as an intermediary broker between esure and the customer will be removed from the esure programme and further action may be taken.
Important - FCA Regulations
a) Affiliates are only permitted to use approved text and graphical images provided on this site. Any amendments to the text or graphics must be approved by the esure affiliate manager. An affiliate will be removed from the esure programme if found to be using unapproved text or graphics in order to promote esure. If you having difficulty locating this please contact our affiliate management team firstname.lastname@example.org who will be happy to provide you with a list of approved copy.
b) Affiliate websites that holds out the insurance as something that they have arranged or otherwise encourages visitors to respond will also be removed from the affiliate programme. Unless an affiliate holds the appropriate FCA authorisation, a website must not:
- Endorse, recommend, or otherwise encourage customers to respond to a financial promotion.
- Promote one insurer over another, for example. by stating one is better than the other.
- Hold out the service/product as something it has arranged for the benefit of its customers.
- Negotiate (or appears to have negotiated) special rates for customers.
The affiliate website must at all times, be clear, concise and not misleading.
IMPORTANT- website security
Affiliates are required to take adequate security precautions regarding the security and integrity of their website(s), including adequate protection and detection (from/of what?). Affiliates must contact esure and the network within 7 days from the point at which they become aware that their site is infected by any virus or security breach that could affect the advertiser’s website, customers and affiliate programme. This forms part of the terms and conditions of the esure affiliate programme.
esure’s selection criteria
Websites using the following methods or content will not be accepted as members of the esure affiliate programme:
- Adware / Spyware
- Using unapproved creative or copy
- Obscene content or links to adult websites
- Bidding on PPC search engines using esure’s trademarks
- Publishing content that does not fit in line with esure’s brand guidelines, or does not target potential esure customers
- Breach of the Financial Conduct Authority’s regulations
esure and its account manager are required from time to time to carry out audits on affiliates to ensure affiliates on the programme are still complying with the criteria set out by the programme.
Q) Are affiliates credited for policies that are completed by phone or other means?
A) Unfortunately esure cannot credit an affiliate for home or car policies that are not completed online and are therefore transacted by phone or other means. The complications are that these sales cannot be tracked to a specific affiliate site.
Q) What if an affiliate does not use the approved text and graphics?
A) Any affiliate found using unapproved esure text and graphics, will be immediately terminated from the affiliate programme. Any commission generated from this will not be paid as a result of breaching this instruction.
Q) What is esure’s sales validation process?
A) esure’s sales validation process carry checks on various elements of the claimed sales, from cancellation within the 14-day cooling off period to the last referrer of the sales. Payment will be arranged after esure has carried out the full validation process. Full validation process will be sent to you on your acceptance email. Please contact esure’ affiliate manager should you have further questions regarding this.
Additional Terms and Conditions
“Affiliate” means you, the affiliate website operator.
“Affiliate Programme” means The Company’s affiliate programme.
“Brands” means esure home insurance, esure car insurance, First Alternative car insurance, Sheilas’ Wheels home insurance, Sheilas’ Wheels car insurance, or any one of the brands or any combination of the brands to which the Affiliate has joined the Affiliate Programme, as appropriate.
"the Company” means esure Services Limited, who are registered in England and Wales no. 2135610 at The Observatory, Reigate, Surrey, RH2 0SG and authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, register no. 312063
“Company Content” means all the text, graphics, logos, photographs, images, moving images, sound, illustrations and other material and related documentation featured, displayed or used in or in relation to any of the Brands advertisements or any part thereof or any other promotional material supplied by the Company.
“Intellectual Property” means any and all patents, trade marks, rights in domain names, rights in designs, copyrights and database rights (whether registered or not and any applications to register or rights to apply for registration of any of the foregoing) rights in confidential information and all other intellectual property rights of a similar or corresponding character which may subsist now or in the future in any part of the world.
“Terms and Conditions” means these Additional Terms and Conditions
1. The Company is the proprietor/licensee of all Intellectual Property on the Brands websites and in the Company Content. All such Intellectual Property will remain vested in the Company. The Affiliate acquires no rights or licenses whatsoever in the Intellectual Property in the Company Content or on the Brands website, other than as explicitly set out in these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the Affiliate Programme.
2. The Affiliate agrees that its use of the Company Content pursuant to the Affiliate’s participation in the Brands Affiliate Programme will not directly or indirectly create for it any right title or interest in any Intellectual Property contained in the Company Content and the Affiliate will not undertake any action that will interfere with or diminish the Company’s right title and/or interest in or to the Intellectual Property in the Company Content.
3. The Affiliate undertakes not to tamper in any way with the Brands websites or combine it in any way with any other website and not to mask, frame, overlay, impair or otherwise alter or affect the websites or impair its service quality or security. The Affiliate may not permit, nor suffer to be permitted, any other party to modify or tamper with the Brands websites.
4. The Affiliate undertakes to ensure that it will not make any statement or representation whether on its website or otherwise that it is connected or affiliated with the Company, the Brands or the Brands websites other than for the purpose of referring users to the Brands websites as contemplated under the Brands Affiliate Programme.
5. The Affiliate undertakes not to endorse, offer advice or express any opinion in respect of the Brands insurance or the Brands’ products and services and not to make any statement or representation that the Brands endorse the Affiliate, its website or any products or services of the Affiliate.
6. The Company grants the Affiliate a terminable, non-exclusive, royalty-free right and licence to use the Company Content, as displayed on the Affiliate Network interface, on the Affiliate website to promote the Brands and for use as a link to the Brands website. The Affiliate will have no authority to make or accept any offers or representations, guarantees or warranties on the Company’s behalf or in respect of the Brands, including in respect of the Brands’ products or services.
7. The Affiliate shall carry the approved Company Content whether, text, hyperlink or advert and shall provide and maintain the link to the Brands websites. The number, content, size, appearance and positioning of the Company Content whether text, hyperlink or advert on the Affiliate site shall be determined initially, and may from time to time be varied, by the Company in its absolute discretion.
8. The Affiliate shall ensure that, upon using or accessing the link, every visitor is clear that he is leaving the Affiliate site and entering the Brands site.
9. The Affiliate warrants that:
his entry into these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the Affiliate Programme does not breach any other agreement to which he is a party;
the Affiliate site complies with all applicable laws, government rules and regulations and industry codes including (without limitation) those with respect to data protection and advertising, the Financial Conduct Authority, the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000 and all rules made pursuant to that Act, The Association of British Insurers Code of Practice and any instructions from Company in that respect and the codes of any other applicable regulatory and self-regulatory body; and
he owns or has a right to use all Intellectual Property rights in, and relating to, the Affiliate site including (but not limited to) the Affiliate trademarks.
10. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the Affiliate Programme grants the Affiliate exclusive rights in relation to the Company and the Company is entitled to enter into similar arrangements with third parties during the term.
11. The Affiliate shall indemnify and hold the Company and its officers and employees harmless from and against all liabilities, losses, damages, costs and expenses in relation to any claims or actions brought against the Company (including, without limitation, any claim in contract or tort or for defamation, obscenity or breach of privacy) relating to or arising out of the Affiliate site, including but not limited to any breach by the Affiliate of these Terms and Conditions and the terms and Conditions of the Affiliate Programme.
12. Nothing in these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the Affiliate Programme and no action taken by the Affiliate or the Company pursuant to these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the Affiliate Programme shall constitute, or be deemed to constitute, a partnership, association, joint venture, the agents of each other or any other co-operative entity.
13. The Contracts (Rights of Third Parties Act) 1999 shall not apply to these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the Affiliate Programme and no person other than the Affiliate, the Company and esure Insurance Limited shall have any rights under these Terms and Conditions and the terms and conditions of the Affiliate Programme, nor shall it be enforceable under that Act by any person other than the Affiliate, the Company and esure Insurance Limited.
14. The Affiliate warrants that it shall not, at any point after a visitor to its website has clicked on the Company Content, display any message or collect or store any Personal Data (as defined under the Data Protection Act 1998) from that visitor, unless that visitor, returns to the Affiliate website.
15. On termination of the Affiliate’s participation in the Brands Affiliate Programme the Affiliate shall remove the Company Content and all references to the Brands (including any trademarks, trade names and/or logos of the Brands) from its website and destroy any and all of the Company’s Intellectual Property or proprietary property, information and/or materials in its possession.
16. Neither the Company nor any of their affiliated companies will be liable for indirect, special or consequential damages (or any loss of revenue, profits or data) arising in connection with the Affiliate’s participation in the Affiliate Programme, even if the Company or any of its affiliated companies have been advised of the possibility of such damages. Further, the Company’s aggregate liability arising with respect to the Affiliate’s participation in the Brands Affiliate Programme will not exceed the total referral remuneration paid to the Affiliate pursuant to the Brands Affiliate Programme over the previous 12 month period from the time the act or omission giving rise to the liability occurred.
esure Services Ltd reserve the right to cancel any policy that it deems to be fraudulent. This may be due to false personal details, bank account details, contact details and/or false address details. Fraudulent activity is a criminal offence, should there be a basis of suspicion of fraud, affiliates and their sales will be removed from the programme and they may be reported to the network and the police. No commission will be paid. In the event the commission has been paid, esure Services Ltd or its appointed agent reserve the right to set off the commission against current and future payment.