Terms and Conditions
Unless explicitly authorised otherwise by SAFEJAWZ, the following Programme restrictions apply:
- Affiliates are not permitted to purchase, own or bid on any domain names with the word ‘Safejawz’ or misspellings of ‘Safe Jawz’ in the URL. For example, www.safejawz.com
- Affiliates must not include Safejawz Brand Terms, or misspelt variations of the same, in the sub-domain of their website’s URL. For example, www.safejawz.affiliate.com
- Affiliates may use correctly spelt Safejawz Brand Terms after the domain of their website’s URL. For example, http://www.affiliate.com/safejawz
- Affiliates are not allowed to register the brand Safejawz or any variation of it on any social media platform. This includes and does not limit to brand + generic word or sentence as well generic word or sentence + brand. Any attempt to register such social media accounts will be a direct breach of the Awin terms and conditions, in particular section 7. Intellectual Property Rights of the Awin code of conduct.
- Affiliates must not post on any official SAFEJAWZ social media platform in order to attempt to drive visitors to their webpage. SAFEJAWZ social media platforms include Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Direct linking to Safejawz websites from paid social media is prohibited.
Any affiliates who do not abide by these rules risk having their commissions set to zero and possible suspension.
Commissions will not be paid where there is evidence of any paid search activity on brand terms without prior authorisation. This includes permutations, misspellings and broad matches containing brand terms (generic is fine). Generic Keywords include "gum shield", "mouthguard" and "mouth guard"
PPC bidding restrictions also apply on Google Shopping/CSS (Comparison Shopping Service). We request the brand keywords stated below to be excluded from all CSS activity.
Restrictions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Safe Jawz
- Safejawz Vouchers
- safejawz.com vouchers
- Safejawz Coides
- Safejawz Voucher Codes
- Safejawz discount code
- safejawz.com codes
Please do not use the word ‘official’ in your advertisements.
We are happy for affiliates to bid on generic terms, however direct linking is prohibited. Any affiliates who do not abide by these rules do risk having their commissions set to zero and possible suspension.
Safejawz encourages affiliates to contact us for exclusive voucher/discount codes and additional incentives.
Affiliates may only promote codes that are provided through the Safejawz affiliate programme (either through our account or directly from the SAFEJAWZ Affiliate Manager).
Safejawz reserves the right to withhold payment of commission if unauthorised voucher codes are used in an affiliate sale. We appreciate that consumers may use voucher codes that they have found via a site other than that which is awarded the sale and this will be investigated before decisions on commission payment are made. Any affiliate found to be displaying unauthorised codes may also have their commission set to zero until the code(s) are removed.
Where voucher codes are issued with an expiry date this should be clearly displayed, and codes should be removed or explicitly marked as expired after this due date unless you are advised otherwise. Any affiliates displaying expired codes without marking them as being expired may be suspended from the programme. Please also ensure that you observe IAB voucher code best practice guidelines.
Creative / Banners
Safejawz will supply creative in line with current promotions available through the Affiliate Programme. If any Affiliate wishes to use alternative graphical content, this must be submitted to Safejawz for approval - once this has been signed-off, this will be free to use by the Affiliate.
Please contact us is you have any specific requirements for bespoke creative and we will do our best to provide what you require.
All affiliate sales are de-duplicated against other online advertising channels using a local cookie on the merchant platform. De-duplication channels include :
- PPC Brand
- PPC Generic
- Email Advertising
- Direct Partnerships
- Price Comparison
- Display & retargeting advertising
- Other Affiliate Networks
- In house referrer scheme (further details on this can be found below)
Social Content Creators
All affiliate content on social media must be ASA compliant, read the ASA Guide here. If you wish to use affiliate links within your Instagram Stories and other social channels, use #ad as a valid identifier to be ASA compliant.
Awin has a one-page website - Paid for Advertising - which explains how free content can have a commercial relationship attached to it. This can be linked to by any affiliate in order to make your readers aware of how affiliate links work. If you have any questions on this please speak to your account contact. More information here: https://www.awin.com/gb/news-and-events/industry-news/affiliate-links-on-instagram-stories.
Any queries may be addressed to the network or the specific programme contact.