Reservations.com Affiliate Partner Overview
Our Affiliate Program allows you, as our Affiliate Partner, to advertise certain Accommodations that we offer in exchange for a commission based on Completed Bookings, all subject to these Terms and Conditions.
- How does the Affiliate Partner earn a Commission? You earn a commission (“Commission”) only on a Completed Booking of a Commissionable Accommodation attributed to you by the Tracking Method. You do not earn a commission for a Reserved Booking or for any Completed Booking of a Non-Commissionable Accommodation.
Example: If a customer makes a Reserved Booking that is attributable to you (see 1(e) below), but the customer cancels the Reserved Booking before they use it, the Reserved Booking never becomes a Completed Booking and you do not get a commission for this transaction.
Example: If a customer makes a Reserved Booking for a Non-Commissionable Accommodation that is attributable to you (see 1(e) below), and the customer actually uses the Reserved Booking such that it becomes a Completed Booking, you do not get a commission for this transaction because the Accommodation was excluded as a Non-Commissionable Accommodation.
- How is Commission tracked? We will provide you with an embedded link or other method that you must use in order to receive a Commission. If you do not properly follow the Tracking Method we provide to you, we cannot track when customers come to us from you and we will not pay you any Commission.
Note: Tracking is accomplished through a cookie. If the customer clears their cookies, or switches devices, or takes any other action that affects cookies or tracking, we may not be able to track the customer to determine the referral source.
- How is the Commission calculated? Your Commission is calculated as seven percent (7%) (“Commission Percentage”), of the Base Accommodation Price of the Completed Booking. Our systems, books, and records shall be considered as the conclusive, binding evidence of the information and amounts used to calculate the Commissions.
- When is the Commission calculated? On or about the tenth (10th) day of each month (and if not a business day, the next business day immediately thereafter), we will calculate the Commissions earned during the prior month. Each period for which we calculate your Commissions is called a “Commission Period.”
- Can Reservations.com adjust prior Commissions? Yes. If we determine, in our sole discretion, that we paid you a Commission erroneously and/or based on a Non-Commissionable Accommodation, an Adjustment Event, or other non-commissionable event (“Erroneous Commission”), we may set off the amount of the Erroneous Commission from any Commission to be paid to you. We will provide you with notice of the Erroneous Commission and the set off. In the event that there are no unpaid Commissions to set off the Erroneous Commission, then the Erroneous Commission owed will be carried forward to the next Commission Period. Alternatively, we will have the right to demand reimbursement of the Erroneous Commission from you and you will immediately reimburse the Erroneous Commission upon receipt of such written demand.
Restrictions on Advertising/Search Campaigns
- Reservations.com’s Trademarks/Logos/Website Domain. You may not use any of our trademarks, including Reservations.com, or any variations or misspellings thereof, in any keyword bidding or website domain/subdomain/display URL. You may not use any of our logos without prior written permission. For permission to use our logos and trademarks in print advertising please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for approval. To the extent we grant you permission to use any of our trademarks and/or logos, we do so under a non-exclusive, royalty-free license which is immediately terminable by us at any time. You do not own any of our trademarks, logos, or other intellectual property.
- Recommended SEM Bidding Keywords. General travel terms are recommended for SEM campaigns. Examples: Hotels, Hotel, Hotel rooms, Hotel room, Hotel stay, Hotel Booking, Vacation, Vacations, Holiday, Travel, Holiday travel, Vacations, travel destination specific keywords (Las Vegas Hotels, Orlando Hotels, etc...)
- Email Marketing. You shall not send unsolicited bulk email, “spam,” or otherwise engage in any unlawful marketing activities (as determined by us) in regards to any advertising under or relating to the Insertion Order. You shall comply with the CAN-SPAM Act in all email correspondence in regards to any emails you send to customers or potential customers under or relating to the Insertion Order. To the extent required by law, you shall obtain prior consent of any consumer before sending an email to that consumer.
- Coupons and Promotional Codes. You may only use coupons and promotional codes that are provided exclusively through the affiliate program.
- Acknowledging Commission Relationship. Except for content that is clearly labeled as advertising, or the context of the content would lead a reasonable person to believe the content is advertising, your content shall include a disclaimer to the effect of “[Your name or site] may receive compensation from Reservations.com if you book a reservation through this link.” You shall comply with all FTC laws, rules, and guidelines in respect of reviews and endorsements, and otherwise.
- Other Restrictions. Your material, advertising, and/or content, whether online or otherwise, shall not: (1) be unlawful, harmful, threatening, harassing, defamatory, obscene, violent or that: promotes or depicts violence (i.e., murder, selling weapons, cruelty, abuse, etc.); (2) promote pornographic or sexually explicit materials; (3) promote discrimination based on gender, race, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age; (4) promote or offer peer to peer file sharing methodologies that may allow consumers to infringe the intellectual property rights of others; or (5) violate copyrights, trademarks, or any other intellectual property rights of others. Direct linking and/or use of an iFrame are not permitted, unless otherwise agreed in writing. Other restrictions may be provided on your advertising, which may include, for example, a prohibition on direct linking or the requirement of negative keyword bidding, which you shall follow.
- Accommodation means a travel service (e.g. hotel room) that is offered for sale to customers on our Site.
- Adjustment Event means any event that will adjust or affect any Completed Booking, including but not limited to cancelation, modification, refund, chargeback, credit card fraud, identity theft, breach of the Terms and Conditions, breach of the Insertion Order, or any illegal act in connection with a Reserved Booking.
- Affiliate Partner means a participant in our Affiliate Partner Network – the term does not mean that you are entering into a partnership or joint venture with us, nor should these Terms and Conditions be construed as such; you are not our agent and we are not yours; none of our employees are yours, and none of yours are ours.
- Base Accommodation Price means the underlying reservation price of the Accommodation, excluding all taxes, estimated taxes, tax recovery charges, fees, service fees, travel insurance, and any other added charges.
- Commissionable Accommodation means a hotel Accommodation, including any resort, inn, villa, hostel, motel, etc., but excluding any Non-Commissionable Accommodation.
- Completed Booking means a Reserved Booking for which the Accommodation has been paid for in full, has not been canceled, modified, and/or refunded in full or in part, and has been used in entirety (i.e. the customer paid for and stayed at the hotel they booked, and the customer has completed their stay at the hotel).
- Non-Commissionable Accommodation means the following: (i) any group reservation, including group reservations of any hotel Accommodation; (ii) any rental car Accommodation; (iii) any Accommodation reserved through our call center; (iv) R.Club Exclusion. any Reserved Booking made by a customer who, at the time the Reserved Booking is made, was an existing member of our R.Club loyalty program, such Reserved Booking is not commissionable, even if the Accommodation itself was a Commissionable Accommodation, and even if the Reserved Booking was attributable to you.
- Reserved Booking means a reservation of an Accommodation that has been made by a customer on our Site.
- Site means www.reservations.com and all of its accessible platforms (i.e. mobile).