Edvisors Affiliate Network Program Rules
Last Revised: May 12, 2019
The following are the official Affiliate Network Program Rules (“Rules”) for Edvisors Network, Inc. (“Edvisors”). These rules apply to any publisher of Edvisors’ advertisements or offers, including their agencies and sub-publisher(s). Failure to abide by these Rules may result in compensation reduction, suspension, and/or termination.
Completion of Application & Agreement
Search & Domain Limits
Publisher may not bid on or purchase a keyword or phrase for any search engine or similar technology or a domain name that containing (i) any Edvisors trademark or service mark, including any misspellings or alternate spellings thereof, (ii) any Edvisors domain name, or (iii) any term that Edvisors determines to compete with its own marketing strategy. At this time, and subject to revision by Edvisors, such prohibitions include any of the following terms and domain names and any misspellings or alternate spellings thereof: Edvisors, Edvisors.com, Edvisors Network, Student Loan Network, Studentloannetwork.com, Privatestudentloans.com, Scholarshippoints.com, and RewardFish.com. Further, Publisher may not include any Edvisors trademark or service mark in advertising copy for marketing or advertising conducted by search engine or similar technology.
1. Publisher may not publish Edvisors’ advertisements or offers on websites, in connection with social media posts, or in emails that contain, consist of, promote, reference, or have links to (i) extreme profanity, sexually-explicit material, gambling, firearm sales, non-prescription drugs, alcohol, tobacco, hate material, material that promotes violence, discrimination, illegal or criminal activities, or any other material deemed unsuitable by Edvisors; (ii) pages with no content; (iii) piracy, hacking, cracking, emulators, or other violations of the intellectual property or privacy rights of others; (iv) misleading or deceptive advertising; (v) personal webpages (except for paid influencers or endorsers approved in writing by Edvisors); (vi) affiliate links or incentivized traffic sources where consumers are provided an incentive to click on the advertisement/offer or otherwise engage with the advertisement/offer; (vii) viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other computer programming routines that are intended to damage, interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data, or personal information or (viii) activities generally understood as abusive such as sending spam and using spyware or malware.
2. Adjacency. No Edvisors ad shall be placed adjacent to content or other ads that promote pornography or nudity, alcohol, violence, the use of firearms, libel, racism, hate or other offensive subject matter, or that contains extreme profanity, infringes on any intellectual property rights or trademarks, or any illegal activity whatsoever.
3. Promotion on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube and other social media platforms is permitted following these general guidelines:
a. You ARE allowed to promote offers to your own lists; more specifically, you're welcome to use your affiliate links on your own Facebook, Twitter, etc. pages.
b. You ARE PROHIBITED from posting your affiliate links on our Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, etc. accounts or company pages in an attempt to turn those links into affiliate sales.
c. You ARE PROHIBITED from running Facebook ads with our trademarked company name.
d. You ARE PROHIBITED from creating a social media account that includes our trademark/s in the page name and/or username.
Edvisors will not pay compensation for fraudulent leads (as determined solely by Edvisors) and may suspend or terminate Publisher’s participation in the campaign as a result of fraudulent leads. Fraudulent leads include, but are not limited to, (i) leads generated from traffic with click-through or conversion rates that are significantly higher than industry averages without satisfactory evidence for such rates; (ii) leads reported to Edvisors as potentially fraudulent; (iii) leads generated using fake redirects, cloaked URLs, non-approved offer IDs, automated software, or other fraudulent mechanisms; or (iv) leads that not consistent with Edvisors’ quality expectations.
Grant of Licenses.
1.We grant to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable license to use our logos, trade names, trademarks, and similar identifying material (collectively, the "Licensed Materials") that we make accessible to you or authorize for such purpose. Publisher agrees not to use Edvisors’ proprietary materials in any manner that is disparaging, misleading, obscene or that otherwise portrays the Edvisors in a negative light.
2. You are only entitled to use the Licensed Materials to the extent that you are a member in good standing of the Program. You agree that all uses of the Licensed Materials will be on behalf of the Program and the good will associated therewith will inure to the sole benefit of us.
3. Edvisors reserves all of its respective rights in the proprietary materials covered by this license. Other than the license granted in these Rules, Edvisors retains all right, title, and interest to its respective rights and no right, title, or interest is transferred to the Affiliate.
4. Except for the limited license granted under this section, you do not obtain any rights under these Rules to any intellectual property, including, without limitation, any intellectual property with respect to our Affiliate Link, link formats, technical specifications, guidelines or graphical artwork referenced above, or with respect to our domain name.
FTC Disclosure Requirements
Publisher shall adhere as applicable to all guidance from the Federal Trade Commission (“FTC”) related to the use of social media advertising, including, without limitation, the FTC’s Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising (16 C.F.R. part 255) and The FTC’s Endorsement Guides: What People are Asking (available at: https://www.ftc.gov/tips-advice/business-center/guidance/ftcs-endorsement-guides-what-people-are-asking.
Compliance with Laws
Publisher will perform all of its activities in compliance with all applicable legal requirements, including, without limitation, all administrative, local, state, and federal laws and regulations, state laws and regulations; any valid order, verdict, judgment, consent decree, or injunction; and other disclosures, notices, and forms, as required by administrative, local, state, and federal laws, rules, and regulations (collectively, “Applicable Law”) and will obtain and maintain all licenses or permits as are required by any Applicable Law in order to conduct its activities.