Emirates Affiliate Marketing Terms & Conditions March 2017
Emirates Special Terms & Conditions General
- You, The Affiliate, may place an Emirates Link on Your Site. You must not modify or alter the Emirates Link or the Emirates Link Design (as provided by Emirates) without the prior written consent of Emirates.
- While we request that you identify yourself as a member of the Emirates Affiliate Network, this affiliation may not be promoted by you, the Affiliate, in any way whatsoever that falls outside the scope of links described above, without prior approval by Emirates. Such promotions may include, but are not limited to, press releases, marketing materials, off-line print advertising or marketing campaigns, media kits, screen shots, graphics altered for co-branding or any other such format. Any such promotion will be considered grounds for immediate termination of this Agreement and may invoke further legal action.
- You acknowledge that Emirates is the sole owner or valid licensee of all IPR in the Emirates IP and Emirates acknowledges that you are the sole owner or valid licensee of all IPR in Your Site.
- Each party acknowledges that, except as specifically provided herein, nothing in this Agreement will confer on either party any right of ownership in the other party's IPR. Neither party will attempt to alter, decompile, reproduce, or copy the other party's Content, Links, or Marks, or otherwise utilise the other party's IPR, except as permitted under this Agreement.
- Emirates reserves the right to modify its Content, Links, or Marks from time to time in its sole discretion, upon written notice to the other party.
- You agree that Emirates Ad Content will not be associated on any Publisher Web sites which is reasonably deemed to contain , or promote, any of the following types of content: libellous , defamatory, obscene, abusive, violent, bigoted, hate-oriented, pornographic, anti-islamic, gambling, cracking , hacking or warez (illegal pirated software) , or offer any illegal good or service , or Link to a Web site(s) that does so ; (c) engage in spamming, indiscriminate advertising or unsolicited commercial e-mail or otherwise failing to (d) violate any applicable privacy laws; and/or (e) engage in any illegal activity of any type .
- Emirates will not work with affiliates who operate ad-ware or spy-ware activities. Any affiliate found to be running ad-ware/spy-ware will be instantly removed from the affiliate programme and due commission payments ceased
- Affiliates cannot fore force the visitor to click ('forced clicks') to direct him/her to emirates.com or one of the emirates country pages. Any affiliate found to be forcing clicks will be instantly removed from the affiliate programme and due commission payments ceased
- These terms are applicable on all major search engines, including but not limited to Google, Yahoo! Search marketing, MSN, Ask and Miva.
- Affiliates are not permitted to bid on Emirates brand related terms. This includes variations of Emirates related terms, product names, misspells and company URL's. Affiliates must negative match all brand terms on any broad match PPC activity.
- Forbidden keywords include but are not limited to: Emirates, Fly Emirates, Emirates Airlines, Emirates Airline,www.Emirates.com , Emirates.com etc.
- The following rules apply to the display urls;
• Affiliates cannot use any Emirates-owned domain name. E.g. www.emirates.com . This includes all generic terms. • Affiliates can include trademarks in the sub folders of the display URL's in your Search Engine Adverts e.g.www.affiliatesite.com/Emirates • Affiliates are not allowed to include trademarks in the sub domain of the display URL's in your Search Engine Adverts e.g. www.Emirates.AffiliateSite.com • Affiliates are not allowed to operate domains which contain trademarks for the sole purpose of driving traffic from Search Engines e.g. www.Emiratesoffers.com
- The following rules apply to the Ad Copy;
• Affiliates are allowed to use trademarks in your Ad Copy Title • Affiliates are allowed to use trademarks in your Ad Copy Body • All Ad copy must be correct and accurate information and must not include opinions or conjecture e.g. Emirates flights – much better than BA.com • Affiliates should not suggest they are an official Emirates site and use either ‘official', ‘TM' or any other connotations in their ad-copy
Affiliates are not permitted to purchase, own or bid on any domain names with the word ‘Emirates’ or misspellings of ‘Emirates’ in the URL.
Any affiliates who do not abide by these rules risk having their commissions set to zero and possible suspension from the programme.
Domain Name Usage
- Affiliates are not allowed to use any misspells of any Emirates related domain name. E.g. www.emitates.co.uk ,www.Emiratesflights.com . Any affiliate found to be using such domain names to drive traffic to Emirates via domain miss-spells will have commission reversed and be excluded from the affiliate programme.
- Affiliates must exclude all Emirates miss-spells from their PPC campaign, so that the affiliate advert does not appear on ad-sense or similar products search terms on brand miss-spells.
- Emirates offers a default commission of 1.25% across the program. Affiliates are eligible to higher commission rates in special cases according to the “Emirates Affiliate Programme Commission Levels And Rules” document available online: click here to download the document. Emirates reserves the right to modify the terms from time to time in its sole discretion
- Commission is paid on Net fare, which is excluding taxes and fuel surcharges
- Flights bought via Skywards points will not have commission paid on and will not be tracked
- All transactions are reviewed by Emirates (E.g. for cancellations) and commission is only paid on valid transactions.
- All transactions will be de-duplicated against paid online marketing channels based on Google Analytics last click data. Paid search advertisements, display advertisements and paid social advertisements are considered as paid online marketing channels. The booking won’t be tracked if a customer clicked through these channels after clicking a link published on an Affiliate website before making the booking.
- Any commercial agreement made with Affiliates that are outside the above commission payment model cannot be disclosed and is deemed confidential.